Skip to main content

Week 10 Blogpoll

Before you yell and say where is so and so team, please read my polling philosophy and then yell afterwards.

Ya so I didn't really get time to go through this with a fine toothed comb, like I wanted. Thus there was minimal movement all around. Bama reaffirms their #1 spot with a win over LSU. Iowa drops thanks to a bad loss to Northwestern and they likely will continue to drop as they will probably get pummeled without Stanzi this weekend. Boise got jumped because Oregon lost, too be honest I'm not quite sure I'm comfortable with either TCU or Boise St. at 4 and 5. I will reassess this next week.

1. Alabama - Quality Wins: Virginia Tech(n), @Ole Miss, South Carolina, Arkansas, Tennessee, LSU
2. Florida - Quality Wins: Tennessee, @LSU, Arkansas, Georgia (n)
3. Texas - Quality Wins: TT, Oklahoma (n), @Oklahoma St.
4. Cincinnati - Quality Wins: @Rutgers, @Oregon State, @USF
5. TCU - Quality Wins: @Clemson, @BYU
6. Boise State - Quality Wins: Oregon
7. Iowa - Quality Wins: @Penn State, @Wisconsin, Arizona
8. Georgia Tech - Quality Wins: Clemson, UNC, VT
9. Oregon- Quality Wins: Utah, Cal, @UCLA, USC
10. LSU - .Quality Wins: Auburn, @Georgia
11. Southern Cal - Quality Wins: @Ohio St., @Cal, @Notre Dame, Oregon St. - Bad Losses: Washington, Oregon

If you're wondering where Utah is, I care not for a single one of their victories thus far this season so they are unranked. If they beat TCU this weekend they shall join the party. I dumped BYU for a similar reason. The Oklahoma loss isn't standing up anymore. Oklahoma St. hasn't beaten a team with a record better than 5-4. Let's see if they beat Texas Tech.

RankTeamDelta
1 Alabama
2 Florida
3 Texas
4 Cincinnati 3
5 TCU 3
6 Boise State 1
7 Iowa 3
8 Georgia Tech 2
9 Oregon 3
10 LSU 1
11 Southern Cal
12 Houston 1
13 Pittsburgh 1
14 Miami (Florida) 1
15 Ohio State 1
16 Arizona 1
17 Virginia Tech 1
18 Stanford
19 Oregon State
20 Penn State 8
21 North Carolina 3
22 Texas Tech
23 Clemson
24 South Florida 1
25 Auburn
Last week's ballot

Dropped Out: Brigham Young (#19), Oklahoma (#20), California (#21), Notre Dame (#22).

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

M E T S = Mercifully End The Season

Do it before David Wright gets Hurt!

Numbers On Steroids: Mickey Mantle

Numbers on Steroids is a look at baseball players during the 90s to see if anything screams out at you. This week it's throwing a curve ball and looking at All Time Great Yankees. Players that we know did not take steroids to see if this gives a defense to any of the players 'convicted' by Numbers on Steroids. Time to look at my dad's favorite athlete of all time, Mickey Mantle. Averages Say: What's with the mysterious dip at 27 and then the uptick? At Bats Per Home Run Says: That's a mighty jump from 22 to 24 Explaining As If It Was the 90s If you take a look at the numbers there are two time frames which in the 1990s would be questioned. First would be the incredible leap he took from his first year in the big leagues to his first MVP season in 1956. His batting average jumped 50 points. His slugging percentage jumped 90 points and he hit 15 more homers than his previous high. This wouldn't merrit a conviction nowadays though because the young age he...

Guest Post: Thoughts on Sabathia Signing

I asked Grutt what his thoughts were on the Sabathia signing and I thought his response pretty much nailed it. So here it is. I don’t know. Every year I get a little more disenchanted with baseball. Yea, it’s great we signed the top pitching free agent. But we were supposed to. No team was even in the ballpark of the Yankees offer yet they still needed to jump from the already ridiculous price of $140 million to $160 million to close the deal. Now I hear we are going to sign more pitchers who will also get large contracts and the position player gaps are still glaring. Each new, large contract just adds to the feeling that the Yanks are supposed to win it all. “I think we have a good chance this year.” That is a lost feeling. If they don’t win I’ll wonder why, like there has to be some other reason besides that it’s a sport you can never predict how things will work out and some years just aren’t yours to be won. If they win I will be pleasantly smug. It gets a little more...