Skip to main content

It's Like March Madness Only With Golf

So the Match Play Tournament is being conducted this week. So what better time than now to start practicing filling out a bracket of 64.


It would really by ideal if somehow Rory and Woods matched up in the elite 8, but for some reason I don't think Sabbatini is going to last that long. Instead I'm going with the Latin Vijjegas to get knocked off by Woods. Picking Tiger to lose in his own bracket never even crossed my mind. He's the #1 that everybody has locked into the final 4 except for the crazies with the ridiculous brackets.


What 2nd round matchup Els and Goosen could be. Seems like the committee had it out for the two of them. In the long run though I think the Swede and Spaniard fight it out for bracket supremacy. And I'm taking Sergio as I think this is going to be a break out year for him. But I guess I say that just about every year.


This is where the balls come out and where the bracket is make or break. Leonard has played a lot and played well this year but has a ridiculously difficult bracket. If he can somehow get past Ogilvy, Phil and Vijay than the bracket is a winner. If he can't? Well than smash goes the bracket. And just to clarify how ballsy the Leonard pick is, Ogilvy has played in the finals each of the last two years, so losing in the first round would be pretty surprising.


Arguably the weakest of the brackets with bracket #1 Jim Furyk missing the cut last week. I've never been a huge Furyk fan and thus have him falling to loudmouth Stephen Ames early in the tournament. I'm partial to the Brits and thus Luke Donald with his Ryder Cup experience is my choice to get out of this weak bracket.


I'm playing by the create the difference in the final 4 but still pick the favorite method. Picking Tiger not to win these tournies just seems stupid to me. So why go against him. But in order to beat the competition you need to differ from chalk somewhere and that's where Justin Leonard comes in. He's playing well so far this season. He's made every cut. So why not a long run to the final destruction of Tiger Woods.

Note: I changed that tie-breaker to 111 when I realized that they play 36 holes in the finals. At least I think they do.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Lou Holtz is the Homer / Annoyingly Delusional

As my buddy Joe and I always joke, if Notre Dame was suiting up against an all Jesus team, aka a team made up of 55 Sons of God, Lou Holtz would probably still pick Notre Dame to win by a touchdown. So of course this weekend when I'm watching Sportscenter and they have him and fellow old man Corso making predictions, Lou picks ND to beat Michigan. Not that big of a deal, Michigan is a big question mark this year, but of course than Lou says that Notre Dame will win 11 games this year. This is the same Notre Dame that lost to a service academy last year. And just when you thought the douchy homerism was going to end ESPN asks which BCS school is going to be the biggest surprise team in the country. Any guesses to whom it was? I'll give you a clue it was another team he coached. If you guessed South Carolina you would be a winner. Next up on Lou's prediction watch, the Jets win the Superbowl, NC St. wins the ACC, Arkansas dominates the SEC West, Minnesota wins the Big

M E T S = Mercifully End The Season

Do it before David Wright gets Hurt!

Ranking the New York Jets Historical Helmets

There's no way you can't go with the Helmet they won the Super Bowl in. You just can't. Next, I really don't understand why they don't where the helmet with the Jet as their throwback uniforms. That helmet is awesome. Then I'm going with the Helmets from the 80s because it's the classic feel and the white face mask is 10 times better than the black one. And the rankings continue until you get to... The Titans Helmet. I hate everything about those Titan uniforms. The Helmets are boring and the colors are GOD awful. Navy blue and Mustard? What the hell is that. Disgusting. If they wore those unis when I was a kid I'd probably be a Giant fan, and be much happier with my life in football.