Skip to main content

Yendry & Eder Don't Care

Yesterday I threw up a post about how it sucked to be those guys that were planning on defecting from their Cuban National Team on Wednesday night after five of their teammates did so on Tuesday night. Well, apparently I was wrong. Ole Yendry Diaz and Eder Roldan bailed on their national team wednesday night.

Apparently I was wrong in the aspect of security. The Cuban National squad did not set up any kind of security to protect against defections. Thus giving all of their players pretty much the right of choice. Do I want to live in America or do I want to live in Cuba? Seems like a tough question for most.

Coming in with 18 players for the tournament Cuba was left with only 11 for their game with Honduras last night. But of course there was more. One of their players received a red card on tuesday and thus they were saddled with 10 people the entire game. So of course they lost.

Once again it seems absolutely ridiculous that Cuba hasn't figured out how to exploit their athletes rather than let them defect with ease.

Comments

Ron said…
I flew over on the plane from Havana with the players and sat with Yendry. They are all a bunch of great guys and we wish them all well in their new adventure in the US.

Popular posts from this blog

Lou Holtz is the Homer / Annoyingly Delusional

As my buddy Joe and I always joke, if Notre Dame was suiting up against an all Jesus team, aka a team made up of 55 Sons of God, Lou Holtz would probably still pick Notre Dame to win by a touchdown. So of course this weekend when I'm watching Sportscenter and they have him and fellow old man Corso making predictions, Lou picks ND to beat Michigan. Not that big of a deal, Michigan is a big question mark this year, but of course than Lou says that Notre Dame will win 11 games this year. This is the same Notre Dame that lost to a service academy last year. And just when you thought the douchy homerism was going to end ESPN asks which BCS school is going to be the biggest surprise team in the country. Any guesses to whom it was? I'll give you a clue it was another team he coached. If you guessed South Carolina you would be a winner. Next up on Lou's prediction watch, the Jets win the Superbowl, NC St. wins the ACC, Arkansas dominates the SEC West, Minnesota wins the Big

M E T S = Mercifully End The Season

Do it before David Wright gets Hurt!

Ranking the New York Jets Historical Helmets

There's no way you can't go with the Helmet they won the Super Bowl in. You just can't. Next, I really don't understand why they don't where the helmet with the Jet as their throwback uniforms. That helmet is awesome. Then I'm going with the Helmets from the 80s because it's the classic feel and the white face mask is 10 times better than the black one. And the rankings continue until you get to... The Titans Helmet. I hate everything about those Titan uniforms. The Helmets are boring and the colors are GOD awful. Navy blue and Mustard? What the hell is that. Disgusting. If they wore those unis when I was a kid I'd probably be a Giant fan, and be much happier with my life in football.