Tuesday, September 08, 2009
Before you yell and say where is so and so team, please read my polling philosophy and then yell afterwards.
1. Alabama - The Crimson Tide look like a team that's only going to get better this season as their QB starts to get more and more experience. They showed this weekend that they can already rush the ball extremely effectively against one of the best defenses in the Nation. Quality Wins: Virginia Tech(n)
2. BYU - One could say they got lucky in knocking out the current Heisman holder. Others can say, they were the ones that crashed him to the ground seperated his shoulder, and effectively ruined his season. I'm going with the latter. Quality Wins: Oklahoma(n)
3. Oklahoma State - It might be a bit early to fully know exactly what Georgia is going to be this season, but its a nice feather to stick in your cowboy hat after week 1.Quality Wins: Georgia
4. Boise State - The schedule is about to get very very easy, so the Broncos better hope that Oregon holds up their end of the bargain and stays a good team, else Boise State is going to fall off the map as other teams pick up Quality Wins while they're playing San Diego State.Quality Wins: Oregon
5. Miami - Are the Cains back? They certainly looked athletic last night and like they may just have a quarterback who has some value. Quality Wins: @Florida State
6. Missouri - The Juice was squeezed. Quality Wins: Illinois(n)
7. Cal - Perhaps I jumped on the bandwagon of the wrong Pac 10 team not named USC. Move over Oregon, I'm jumping on Cal now. Quality Wins: Maryland
8. Baylor - Robert Griffin and the Baylor Bears just might shock a few teams in the Big 12 this year and they got off to a big start beating Wake Forest in Week 1. Quality Wins: @Wake Forest
9. Cincinnati Apparently the Bearcats weren't a joke last year after they went into Jersey and pounded the Scarlet Knights into a bloody pulp. Quality Wins: @Rutgers
10. South Carolina - This is a marginal quality win, but it still is a road win at an ACC Team that made a bowl game last year, so it'll hgold for a week. Quality Wins: @NC State
We're only going as far as 10 Quality Wins this weekend. There were way too many Woffords and Directional Michigans on the Schedule to hand out more than 10 Quality wins. From there I ranked the rest of the completely unknowns and would have given William & Mary a Token Vote if I could have figured out how.