Wednesday, September 30, 2009
Before you yell and say where is so and so team, please read my polling philosophy and then yell afterwards.
And down go the cupcake munchers of Ole Miss and Penn State. They garnered thew token 24th and 25tgh spots last week and got the boot. In other bootings, FSU is a good this week poor the next week team and Washington isn't actually for real.
1. Alabama - Bama just knocked Arkansas upside the head, and with the Hokies dominating the U, their neutral field win looks awfully nice. Quality Wins: Virginia Tech(n)
2. Houston - The Cougars knock off one more Big 12 team and are ready to embark on their Conference USA schedule with one SEC opponent (Miss St.) also on tap. Quality Wins: @Oklahoma State, Texas Tech
3. Boise State - The best thing that can happen to Boise State is for the Oregon Ducks to win out, and Oregon's 42-3 victory on saturday was a step in the right direction. Quality Wins: Oregon
4. Virginia Tech - You do not come into Blacksburg and talk a bunch of shit about Beamer ball and not expect your punt to get blocked. Quality Wins: Nebraska, Miami
5. Cincinnati - The Bearcats get another not too shabby win against Fresno and are looking like the power of the Big East. Quality Wins: @Rutgers, @Oregon State
6. Florida - We'll give them a little extra dap for knocking off Kentucky until a few weks from now we realize that Kentucky isn't actually any good. Now they have two weeks to get Tebow's brain functional again. Quality Wins: Tennessee, Kentucky
7. Iowa - Knocking off Joe Pa twice in a row gets Ferentz another contract extension. Quality Wins: @Penn State
8. Miami - The Hurricanes getting pummeled is not a good thing, and neither was FSU losing to South Florida. But GT powered through UNC last week and the Hokies are obviously a very very good team so the U will sit in the top 10 for another week until we see what they do against Bradford-less Oklahoma. Quality Wins: @FSU, GT -- Bad Loss: @VT
9. UCLA - Off a week Quality Wins: @Tennessee
10. Michigan - Barely came back against Indiana, but perhaps the Hoosiers aren't as terrible as they usually are. Quality Wins: Notre Dame
11. LSU - Not really a fault of their own, but Washington lost to Stanford so once again the win is downgraded. Quality Wins: @Washington
12. Oregon - Well hello Oregon. Perhaps writing you off after your week 1 catastrophy in Boise was a bad idea. Quality Wins: Utah, Cal
13-15 Okie State, UGA, South Carolina
We're putting them in a jumble. UGA and South Carolina have two solid Ws. But we're going in order of defeats.
16-17 USC & BYU
One great win and one relatively bad loss.
18. Auburn - Auburn is cruising at the start of the year but the last 5 weeks is much much harder than the first 7. Quality Wins: West Virginia
19. Texas - Texas Tech suffers another loss and really I could care less what Texas does against UTEP. Congrats on the meaningless beatdown. Wake me when they play Oklahoma or schedule a OOC team of any merit. Quality Wins: Texas Tech
20-25 If you want an explanation comment and I'll get to it.
Dropped Out: Florida State (#13), Washington (#14), North Carolina (#19), West Virginia (#23), Mississippi (#24), Penn State (#25).