Skip to main content

NFL Playoff Predictions

So I guess its time to predict the playoffs and if this seasons picks are any indication of success than the Packers and Chargers a fucked. I mean I already picked the Giants to win the Superbowl and that obviously didn't work well.



Wildcard Round
I can of summed everything up yesterday with my breakdowns but I'm going Jets, Pats, Cowboys and Packers. I think Brady will find a way to get out of the first round. I think the Bengals are in a free fall and won't be able to do anything offensively. I think the Cowboys for whatever reason have the Eagles number this year and finally I just think the Packers are an all around better team than the Cardinals.

Divisional Round
I'm going Colts, Chargers, Vikings and Packers. The Jets don't have the weapons to keep up with the Colts offensively. The Chargers are the hottest team and football and the loss of Welker will vastly hurt the Pats in this game. The Saints are in free fall mode and I can see Aaron Rodgers torching their defense in a dome. Finally I debated the Cowboys Vikings game most of all but I'm leaning Vikings. They have one extra week of rest and Peterson will probably be a bit too much.

Championship Round
The Chargers have knocked out the Colts on a routine basis. This season is no different. The Colts are a good but not great team. Sure they tanked their last two games which is pretty meaningless, but they had other losses on the board all season if their opponents didn't choke them away. This is the Chargers year to finally get through, everything is lining up in their favor. Anyway, I think the third time for the Packers would be the charm.

Superbowl
This is the Chargers year. The Packers are good but the Chargers are on fire and should win the Superbowl this year. If they don't I might be convinced that they never will.

Comments

Hart said…
I think the Pats get by the Chargers, because we own the Chargers, but Peyton is too good to lose to our weak secondary. I predict a Colts / Phillie superbowl with Peyton taking the trophy home.
JBills said…
I am not saying that the Pats are going all the way, but LT is playoff poison. He is always on the sidleine hurt crying behind his dark visor.
Anonymous said…
Your bracket is wrong. The winner of the Bengals - Jets (Jets) game should be playing the Chargers, and the winner of the Pats - Ravens (Ravens) should be playing the Colts
Simon said…
My bracket is wrong because I incorrectly thought Tom Brady was going to play well and the Packers had a defense.

Popular posts from this blog

Lou Holtz is the Homer / Annoyingly Delusional

As my buddy Joe and I always joke, if Notre Dame was suiting up against an all Jesus team, aka a team made up of 55 Sons of God, Lou Holtz would probably still pick Notre Dame to win by a touchdown. So of course this weekend when I'm watching Sportscenter and they have him and fellow old man Corso making predictions, Lou picks ND to beat Michigan. Not that big of a deal, Michigan is a big question mark this year, but of course than Lou says that Notre Dame will win 11 games this year. This is the same Notre Dame that lost to a service academy last year. And just when you thought the douchy homerism was going to end ESPN asks which BCS school is going to be the biggest surprise team in the country. Any guesses to whom it was? I'll give you a clue it was another team he coached. If you guessed South Carolina you would be a winner. Next up on Lou's prediction watch, the Jets win the Superbowl, NC St. wins the ACC, Arkansas dominates the SEC West, Minnesota wins the Big

M E T S = Mercifully End The Season

Do it before David Wright gets Hurt!

Ranking the New York Jets Historical Helmets

There's no way you can't go with the Helmet they won the Super Bowl in. You just can't. Next, I really don't understand why they don't where the helmet with the Jet as their throwback uniforms. That helmet is awesome. Then I'm going with the Helmets from the 80s because it's the classic feel and the white face mask is 10 times better than the black one. And the rankings continue until you get to... The Titans Helmet. I hate everything about those Titan uniforms. The Helmets are boring and the colors are GOD awful. Navy blue and Mustard? What the hell is that. Disgusting. If they wore those unis when I was a kid I'd probably be a Giant fan, and be much happier with my life in football.