Skip to main content

This is Why I Don't Gamble

Relaxation and calm aren't necessarily traits I excel at during the final minutes of watching sporting events. Meanwhile, bitterness and negativity are two traits which can easily move to the forefront of my state of mind. And this is what gambling brings out in me, a load of bitterness and negativity towards people I will never meet personally. And thus why I typically avoid it.

But I never miss out on the NCAA tournament, because its 'fun'. And with 2 minutes and change left on the clock I thought it was going to be better than fun. I thought I was going to win 2 bills. And yet, of course I couldn't be positive about it because Memphis decided to choke it all away. A dumb dumb inbounds pass turned three. A questionable foul on Dorsey, which probably deserved to get called because it was so stupid. A boatload of missed free throws and a last second canned three.

And then the good feelings I have towards the Memphis players and the excitement I had over the possibility of winning turn to anger. What the hell is wrong with you. Why the hell do you guys suck so much? How the hell are you going to miss these free throws you pussy? Get your heads out of your ass you're still playing in overtime. Nice defense you stupid pieces of shit. Hey, Derek Rose you realize your the best god damn player on the court, why don't you act like it? What do those scriptures on your arm say CDR, let's miss big free throws? Hey Anderson throw up another stupid three.

And today, I'm still incredibly annoyed at Memphis, a team I have no connection to at all, and will probably be annoyed at them for a while. Who knows how long it will linger. Maybe I will drop it tomorrow. Maybe the next time Derrick Rose or CDR has a big time free throw attempt in the clutch I will hope they choke again. Maybe I will continue to hope that Calipari's stupidity will get the best of him in future tournaments... This is why I don't gamble.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Lou Holtz is the Homer / Annoyingly Delusional

As my buddy Joe and I always joke, if Notre Dame was suiting up against an all Jesus team, aka a team made up of 55 Sons of God, Lou Holtz would probably still pick Notre Dame to win by a touchdown. So of course this weekend when I'm watching Sportscenter and they have him and fellow old man Corso making predictions, Lou picks ND to beat Michigan. Not that big of a deal, Michigan is a big question mark this year, but of course than Lou says that Notre Dame will win 11 games this year. This is the same Notre Dame that lost to a service academy last year. And just when you thought the douchy homerism was going to end ESPN asks which BCS school is going to be the biggest surprise team in the country. Any guesses to whom it was? I'll give you a clue it was another team he coached. If you guessed South Carolina you would be a winner. Next up on Lou's prediction watch, the Jets win the Superbowl, NC St. wins the ACC, Arkansas dominates the SEC West, Minnesota wins the Big

M E T S = Mercifully End The Season

Do it before David Wright gets Hurt!

Ranking the New York Jets Historical Helmets

There's no way you can't go with the Helmet they won the Super Bowl in. You just can't. Next, I really don't understand why they don't where the helmet with the Jet as their throwback uniforms. That helmet is awesome. Then I'm going with the Helmets from the 80s because it's the classic feel and the white face mask is 10 times better than the black one. And the rankings continue until you get to... The Titans Helmet. I hate everything about those Titan uniforms. The Helmets are boring and the colors are GOD awful. Navy blue and Mustard? What the hell is that. Disgusting. If they wore those unis when I was a kid I'd probably be a Giant fan, and be much happier with my life in football.