Skip to main content

Reviewing the NHL Useless Predictions


I make predictions. Mostly for fun, but I shall be made accountable for all my predictions and thus why I have these reviews. Even in instances where I name the post Completely Useless NHL Season Predictions. So let's breakdown just how useless these picks were.

Western Conference Playoff Rankings

1. Detroit Redwings - Central Winners Actual Retail Price - 1. Ya got this completely right. In your face hockey experts.
2. Mighty Ducks - Pacific Winners - Actual Retail Price - 4. So two spots off. Big F'n deal.
3. Calgary Flames - Northwest Winners - Actual Retail Price - 7. A couple of seeds off again. But whatever in the playoffs.
4. San Jose Sharks - Actual Retail Price - 2 & Pacific Winner. Close but not quite.
5. Minnesota Wild - Actual Retail Price - 3 & Northwest Winner. Again close but not quite.
6. Dallas Stars - Actual Retail Price - 5. One Seed off. So close.
7. Nashville Predators - Actual Retail Price - 8. One Seed off again. Boo.
8. Colorado Avalanche - Actual Retail Price - 6. Two seeds off, big deal.

So if you can count up to 8, which may be questionable for some of the readers at this site, I nailed all of the Western conference playoff teams. 8 for 8. The seeding is off of course, but that's really not a big deal. Seeding is such a crapshoot in hockey playoffs anyway.

Eastern Conference Playoff Rankings

1. Ottawa Senators - Northeast Winners - Actual Retail Price - 7. Whoops not very close on that one.
2. Hartford Whalers - Southeast Winners - Actual Retail Price - Uh no playoffs. Whatever if Florida didn't pee on their snowman they would have won the division and been the 3 seed. So it was close.
3. New York Rangers - Atlantic Winners - Actual Retail Price - 5. Not bad only 2 seeds off.
4. Pittsburgh Penguins - Actual Retail Price - 2 & Atlantic Winners. Again only 2 seeds off.
5. New Jersey Devils - Actual Retail Price - 4. So close.
6. Buffalo Sabres - Actual Retail Price - Your Local Frosted Buffalo Golf Course. They finished 10th so no playoffs for them.
7. Philadelphia Flyers - Actual Retail Price - 6. One seed away again.
8. Boston Bruins - Actual Retail Price - 8. Wooooo. Nailed them Bruins down.

Epic Failures...
Montreal Canadians - No playoffs predicted. They are the #1 seed in the East.
Washington Capitals - No playoffs predicted. They are the #3 seed in the East.

So that's two division winners I picked to not make the playoffs. Way to go on those sweet picks. But 6 of the 8 playoff teams isn't disgraceful.

Overview

For someone that watches approximately 5 regular season hockey games a year, and that might be pushing it I think my predictions were pretty pimp. I mean they're better than sports I actually watch on a consistant basis. So that's probably pathetic. Overall I predicted 14 of the 16 playoff teams. And I nailed two teams, the Red Wings with the best record in the league (went out on a limb there) and the Bruins with the 8th seed in the East. See how big of a fan I am of the Bruins, I knew exactly what kind of team they would be this season. Anyway, let's start the epically long playoffs and see if those picks can actually be proven right as well. I bet the pick of the Whalers losing in the Eastern Conference finals will be wrong.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Lou Holtz is the Homer / Annoyingly Delusional

As my buddy Joe and I always joke, if Notre Dame was suiting up against an all Jesus team, aka a team made up of 55 Sons of God, Lou Holtz would probably still pick Notre Dame to win by a touchdown. So of course this weekend when I'm watching Sportscenter and they have him and fellow old man Corso making predictions, Lou picks ND to beat Michigan. Not that big of a deal, Michigan is a big question mark this year, but of course than Lou says that Notre Dame will win 11 games this year. This is the same Notre Dame that lost to a service academy last year. And just when you thought the douchy homerism was going to end ESPN asks which BCS school is going to be the biggest surprise team in the country. Any guesses to whom it was? I'll give you a clue it was another team he coached. If you guessed South Carolina you would be a winner. Next up on Lou's prediction watch, the Jets win the Superbowl, NC St. wins the ACC, Arkansas dominates the SEC West, Minnesota wins the Big

M E T S = Mercifully End The Season

Do it before David Wright gets Hurt!

Ranking the New York Jets Historical Helmets

There's no way you can't go with the Helmet they won the Super Bowl in. You just can't. Next, I really don't understand why they don't where the helmet with the Jet as their throwback uniforms. That helmet is awesome. Then I'm going with the Helmets from the 80s because it's the classic feel and the white face mask is 10 times better than the black one. And the rankings continue until you get to... The Titans Helmet. I hate everything about those Titan uniforms. The Helmets are boring and the colors are GOD awful. Navy blue and Mustard? What the hell is that. Disgusting. If they wore those unis when I was a kid I'd probably be a Giant fan, and be much happier with my life in football.