Monday, December 08, 2008
Remember this is all about Quality Wins and Bad Losses so if you lose to a top ranked team its not going to kill you, if you lose to Arkansas St. in the opener it will haunt you the entire season.
The regular season is over and without a playoffs we get the two most deserving teams in the BCS championship game. Does that mean they are truly the best? Maybe not.
1. Oklahoma - The best part about Oklahoma this season is the fact that they never want to stop scoring. It doesn't matter if your up by 30 with minutes to go, it's still time to run shotgun and put more points on the board. Quality Wins: Cincinnati, TCU, Kansas, Nebraska, Texas Tech, @Oklahoma St., Mizzou (n)
2. Florida - Despite not having Harvin the Gators proved that they are the best team in the SEC and probably the best team in the nation. Quality Wins: UGA(n), @FSU, Bama (n), South Carolina
3. Texas - Hey it sucks for you Texas but perhaps you should schedule a good out of conference game instead of cupcakes. Quality Wins: Oklahoma(n), Mizzou, Oklahoma St., Kansas
4. Texas Tech - Sure that loss was miserable but who else in the nation has a victory of a team the quality of Texas? Quality Wins: Kansas, Texas, Okie St. Bad Loss: Oklahoma
5. USC - An easy victory against cross town rival. I believe they are the 2nd best in the nation based on their Defense, but unfortunately for them the Pac 10 sucks this year. Quality Wins: Ohio State, Oregon, Cal
6. Alabama - Why the massive fall? They played well against the Gators and deserved to be on the same field as them, but at the end of the year who did they really beat? Georgia was eh all year long. Clemson also was eh. And Ole Miss kind of came out of nowhere to be the 4th best team in the SEC. Not really the greatest of schedules. Quality Wins: @Georgia, Ole Miss
7. Utah - Wee a Sugar Bowl beatdown is on the docket. Quality Wins: @Air Force, Oregon St., TCU, BYU
8. Penn St. - Woo a Rose Bowl beatdown is on the docket. Quality Wins: Oregon St., @Ohio St., Michigan St.
10. Cincinnati - Woo a boring Orange bowl is on the docket. Quality Wins: @WVU, Pitt, South Florida Bad Loss: UConn
10. Boise St. -Crushed Fresno St. to win their conference. Unfortunately for them Utah shall snatch up the non-BCS conference BCS birth. Sucks to be undefeated and miss out. Quality Wins: @Oregon
11. Ohio State - Another trip to the Fiesta bowl for the Buckeyes. Woo how exciting. Quality Wins: @Michigan State, @Northwestern
Dropped Out: no one
Noticeable Absences: no one