Skip to main content

Beating Duke is Always Delicious

Given that it's only early December, meaning I am only mildly in tune with the college hoops world, it's not surprising that on Saturday afternoon I completely forgot about the fact that Michigan was hosting the Blue Devils*. But thanks to the power of gambling my buddy, whose house I went to, was completely in tune to the game. Why? He was laying cash on Michigan +10, so instead of just focusing on the 1st half of the SEC championship we were hitting the last channel button plentifully and it was glorious.

Michigan has played Duke multiple times in the past decade and well the results aren't good. Hell the results aren't typically good when they play anybody nevermind Duke. But not this saturday. Nope the Wolverines are no longer miserable (don't know if they're good either but not miserable). Sure the Wolverines were at home and Duke struggled mightily from beyond the arc (7-33 ouch) but who cares, there's no better feeling in college basketball than beating Duke.

And that's what I did on saturday afternoon I enjoyed watching Michigan beat Duke. I enjoyed the back cuts. I enjoyed the clutch threes by white kids I've never seen play before. I enjoyed the dejected looks of Scheyer and Singler. I enjoyed the lack of PT given to the douche aka Greg Paulus (10 minutes ha!). I enjoyed the fact that Michigan now has two marquee out of conference wins and may break the misery streak of 10 years without an NCAA bid.

After last years misery, including a loss to Tommy Amaker, it's nice to see that John Beilein is finally getting the message across to his players. Perhaps this means that next year RichRod will do the same?

I think I'll end this post on a song:

Michigan beat Duke HaHaHa.
Scheyer is a Crier, HaHaHa.
Paulus is a Douche, HaHaHa.
Michigan beat Duke HaHaHa.


* I mean I had a presentation in the morning and decided to skip the part of my 2nd class just so I could get home for the Bama vs. Florida game, there were things on my mind.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Lou Holtz is the Homer / Annoyingly Delusional

As my buddy Joe and I always joke, if Notre Dame was suiting up against an all Jesus team, aka a team made up of 55 Sons of God, Lou Holtz would probably still pick Notre Dame to win by a touchdown. So of course this weekend when I'm watching Sportscenter and they have him and fellow old man Corso making predictions, Lou picks ND to beat Michigan. Not that big of a deal, Michigan is a big question mark this year, but of course than Lou says that Notre Dame will win 11 games this year. This is the same Notre Dame that lost to a service academy last year. And just when you thought the douchy homerism was going to end ESPN asks which BCS school is going to be the biggest surprise team in the country. Any guesses to whom it was? I'll give you a clue it was another team he coached. If you guessed South Carolina you would be a winner. Next up on Lou's prediction watch, the Jets win the Superbowl, NC St. wins the ACC, Arkansas dominates the SEC West, Minnesota wins the Big

M E T S = Mercifully End The Season

Do it before David Wright gets Hurt!

Ranking the New York Jets Historical Helmets

There's no way you can't go with the Helmet they won the Super Bowl in. You just can't. Next, I really don't understand why they don't where the helmet with the Jet as their throwback uniforms. That helmet is awesome. Then I'm going with the Helmets from the 80s because it's the classic feel and the white face mask is 10 times better than the black one. And the rankings continue until you get to... The Titans Helmet. I hate everything about those Titan uniforms. The Helmets are boring and the colors are GOD awful. Navy blue and Mustard? What the hell is that. Disgusting. If they wore those unis when I was a kid I'd probably be a Giant fan, and be much happier with my life in football.