Skip to main content

NFL Week 15 Awards

Wow You Guys Suck: Washington Redskins, You're playoff hopes were essentially trashed coming into last week already but you certainly threw some extra dirt on your grave by losing to the friggin Bungles. Runners Up: Cardinals defense gave up 4 touchdown passes to Tavaris Jackson, Oakland's defense let the Pats score on their first 5 possessions.

This Scarecrow Needs a Brain: Dick Jauron, The Jets needed a gift and I was about one more first down away from turning it off and kicking a hole in the wall, but alas Dick Jauron and JP 'Loss'man were there for me. And now the Jets have two more weeks to break my spirit. Runners Up: the Refs that decided it was indisputable that Santonio scored the touchdown, Jeff Fisher opting to throw a bomb No-Hands McCareins rather than kick a 49 yard field goal.

Cough Cough Cough: The HERMINATORS, The HERMINATORS had an 18 point lead and the chance to knock the Chargers out of the playoffs. But then their offense opted to not score anymore and their defense opted to give up just enough points to lose. Runners Up: JP 'Loss'man let the ball and the game slip threw his fingers, the Saints D let their playoff hopes go out the window by giving up back to back drives to Kyle Orton.

The Shocker: Houston Texans, I know I picked this game last week but I started convincing myself towards the weekend that the Texans had a shot to take home a victory. (Mostly when I wrote the Manning Bowl post and thought the Colts still had a shot at the division, they don't). But it's still the most shocking outcome of the weekend. Runners Up: the Redskins are lifeless, the pounding Minnesota gave Arizona on the road.

The Pimp: Andre Johnson, If this guy had a quarterback for his entire career he might just be thought of as a potential hall of famer, that's how good he is. But he was stuck with David Carr for too many years and is relegated to putting up 209 yards on a top ranked defense without much media adulation. Runners Up: the Cowboys pass rush tortured the G-Men all night long, Philip Rivers two touchdowns in just over a minute is pretty pimp.

You Got Jakked Up: Eli Manning, Eli was getting pummeled on just about every play as his line decided that they didn't want to block to many blitzers on sunday night.

My Fantasy Anti-MVP: Hope is Gone, I'm out of the postseason so it's all meaningless.

New York Jets MVP: Abram Elam, he can't cover anyone but he made a huge game and potential season saving play.

My Picks

My Picks: 9-7
Preseason Picks: 13-3
Picks Vs. Spread: 6-9
Pick Suggestions: 1-4

Hey, I was great at picking week 15 games in September... not so much in December.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Lou Holtz is the Homer / Annoyingly Delusional

As my buddy Joe and I always joke, if Notre Dame was suiting up against an all Jesus team, aka a team made up of 55 Sons of God, Lou Holtz would probably still pick Notre Dame to win by a touchdown. So of course this weekend when I'm watching Sportscenter and they have him and fellow old man Corso making predictions, Lou picks ND to beat Michigan. Not that big of a deal, Michigan is a big question mark this year, but of course than Lou says that Notre Dame will win 11 games this year. This is the same Notre Dame that lost to a service academy last year. And just when you thought the douchy homerism was going to end ESPN asks which BCS school is going to be the biggest surprise team in the country. Any guesses to whom it was? I'll give you a clue it was another team he coached. If you guessed South Carolina you would be a winner. Next up on Lou's prediction watch, the Jets win the Superbowl, NC St. wins the ACC, Arkansas dominates the SEC West, Minnesota wins the Big

M E T S = Mercifully End The Season

Do it before David Wright gets Hurt!

Ranking the New York Jets Historical Helmets

There's no way you can't go with the Helmet they won the Super Bowl in. You just can't. Next, I really don't understand why they don't where the helmet with the Jet as their throwback uniforms. That helmet is awesome. Then I'm going with the Helmets from the 80s because it's the classic feel and the white face mask is 10 times better than the black one. And the rankings continue until you get to... The Titans Helmet. I hate everything about those Titan uniforms. The Helmets are boring and the colors are GOD awful. Navy blue and Mustard? What the hell is that. Disgusting. If they wore those unis when I was a kid I'd probably be a Giant fan, and be much happier with my life in football.