Monday, December 01, 2008
Remember this is all about Quality Wins and Bad Losses so if you lose to a top ranked team its not going to kill you, if you lose to Arkansas St. in the opener it will haunt you the entire season.
The Sooners held off their rival for the Big road victory and remain atop the Power Rankings. Bama despite being undefeated is truly lacking the statement game.
1. Oklahoma - The Sooners scored and gave up a ton of points at Bedlam and will take their rightful place in the Big 12 title game this weekend. Sorry Texas, head to head just does not mean you are always the better team. Quality Wins: Cincinnati, TCU, Kansas, Nebraska, Texas Tech, @Oklahoma St.
2. Texas - It sucks to be Texas right now but the facts are when you play an out of conference schedule with Rice and FAU it means that in a tie you're going to lose out. Sorry but those are the facts. Get your Missouri rooting shoes on. Quality Wins: Oklahoma(n), Mizzou, Oklahoma St., Kansas
3. Alabama -LSU is off the quality win board because they have zero QB play so Bama stays firm at #3. A win over Florida in the title game would jump them over Texas. Quality Wins: @Georgia, Ole Miss
4. Florida - Ole Miss is good so we removed that as a Bad Loss, but also removed LSU from the quality win category so it balances out. I think Florida is the best team in the country and would put money on them winning the title right now, but the way this here poll works they don't have the wins to climb up to #1, mostly because the SEC is eh this year and just lost 3 of 4 to ACC. Quality Wins: UGA(n), @FSU
5. Texas Tech - Quality Wins: Kansas, Texas, Okie St. Bad Loss: Oklahoma
6. USC - Took care of ND as they should have. It just doesn't carry any impact this year. Quality Wins: Ohio State, Oregon, Cal
7. Utah - Idle and booking the trip to the Sugar or Orange bowl. Quality Wins: @Air Force, Oregon St., TCU, BYU
8. Penn St. - Got their wish and will now in all likelihood get destroyed by the Trojans rather than throttling the Beavers for a second time this year. Quality Wins: Oregon St., @Ohio St., Michigan St.
10. Cincinnati - The Bearcats have sewn up the Big East title and get the relaxing 13th game at Hawaii next week to celebrate their first BCS birth. Perhaps they overllook the game? Quality Wins: @WVU, Pitt, South Florida Bad Loss: UConn
10. Boise St. -Crushed Fresno St. to win their conference. Unfortunately for them Utah shall snatch up the non-BCS conference BCS birth. Sucks to be undefeated and miss out. Quality Wins: @Oregon
11. Ohio State - Meh, I've included the Buckeyes reluctantly because no one else really deserves to be here. Quality Wins: @Michigan State, @Northwestern
Dropped Out: Okie St. mostly because Mizzou lost.
Noticeable Absences: Nobody really