Skip to main content

The Final Regular Season Blogpoll

Like I promised the last few weeks I finally went through the rankings with a fine toothed comb, aka an excel spreadsheet. I threw together Quality Wins and Bad Losses on the sheet and organized according. Here are the results.

Any of the needed explanations plus the prettier CBS poll after the jump.

1) As I posted on monday I think Cincy's resume is very very marginally better than the Texas resume.

2) I probably ranked Penn State the lowest of all Blogpollers. Why? To put it simply, I hate their schedule. I hate it with a passion. They played 4 teams the entire season that finished with a record above .500. They lost their two big matchups to Iowa and Ohio St. and beat Northwestern and Temple (like Temple counts as a good win). I'd rather rank teams with more losses ahead of them because they actually played and beat good teams this year.

3) I'm still ranking USC. Yes they had their worst season in basically the decade. They still beat Ohio State in Columbus, won at Oregon State and at Cal. The season isn't as crappy as most are making it. It's just been really crappy the past two months.

4) I care not for Utah and their "haven't beaten anybody good schedule".

5) I'm with Butch Davis despite the loss to NC State. The Tarheels have a win in Blacksburg and over the Hurricanes that's pretty solid. They did have some god awful losses (UVA? That's terrible) but who have the Wisconsin's & Central Michigan's of the world beaten? Nobody that's who.

6) I'm keeping BYU in their place. They got pounded by FSU in Provo. I had moved them up some, but decided to keep them back where they were. The one thing they do get credit for is the fact they were the one team that beat Oklahoma with a healthy Sam Bradford. They just happened to make him unhealthy.

Rank
Team
Delta
1
Alabama
2
Cincinnati
2
3
Texas
4
TCU
1
5
Florida
3
6
Boise State
7
Oregon
8
Georgia Tech
2
9
Ohio State
1
10
Iowa
1
11
Virginia Tech
1
12
LSU
1
13
Miami (Florida)
1
14
West Virginia
7
15
Oklahoma State
10
16
North Carolina
8
17
Stanford
1
18
Brigham Young
1
19
Arizona
20
Southern Cal
9
21
Pittsburgh
1
22
Oregon State
7
23
Nebraska
24
Penn State
8
25
Houston
8
Last week's ballot
Dropped Out: California (#20).

If you have anything you vehemently disagree with, please feel free to ridicule me in the comments.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Lou Holtz is the Homer / Annoyingly Delusional

As my buddy Joe and I always joke, if Notre Dame was suiting up against an all Jesus team, aka a team made up of 55 Sons of God, Lou Holtz would probably still pick Notre Dame to win by a touchdown. So of course this weekend when I'm watching Sportscenter and they have him and fellow old man Corso making predictions, Lou picks ND to beat Michigan. Not that big of a deal, Michigan is a big question mark this year, but of course than Lou says that Notre Dame will win 11 games this year. This is the same Notre Dame that lost to a service academy last year. And just when you thought the douchy homerism was going to end ESPN asks which BCS school is going to be the biggest surprise team in the country. Any guesses to whom it was? I'll give you a clue it was another team he coached. If you guessed South Carolina you would be a winner. Next up on Lou's prediction watch, the Jets win the Superbowl, NC St. wins the ACC, Arkansas dominates the SEC West, Minnesota wins the Big

M E T S = Mercifully End The Season

Do it before David Wright gets Hurt!

Ranking the New York Jets Historical Helmets

There's no way you can't go with the Helmet they won the Super Bowl in. You just can't. Next, I really don't understand why they don't where the helmet with the Jet as their throwback uniforms. That helmet is awesome. Then I'm going with the Helmets from the 80s because it's the classic feel and the white face mask is 10 times better than the black one. And the rankings continue until you get to... The Titans Helmet. I hate everything about those Titan uniforms. The Helmets are boring and the colors are GOD awful. Navy blue and Mustard? What the hell is that. Disgusting. If they wore those unis when I was a kid I'd probably be a Giant fan, and be much happier with my life in football.