Monday, September 22, 2008
Go America. Without Tiger the Americans seemed more unified seemed to have a better time and pulled out an early sunday afternoon victory. I certainly can't say that Tiger was the downfall of past Ryder Cup squad, but it seemed to benefit the squad that instead of him players like Boo Weekley, JB Holmes, Anthony Kim were around. Players that seem to make those around them laugh and enjoy themselves rahter than be nervous around the presence of the all mighty.
Meanwhile the European powers crumbled under the pressure. Paddy Irish and Sergio Spanish did not come up big for a squad that needed them. Without some key European contributors (such as Luke Donald and Monty) the Europeans just did not have their A game. And they were sent packing by an enthusiastic American squad and crowd.
2. Anthony Kim will be your American Hero and will make you learn his name.
Kim is going to a beast for America for a long time, he's passionate and he's got a great skill set. He's the American answer to Sergio, hopefully without the choking in Majors.
7. Pink Pants Poulter will be a beast for the Europeans.
Pink Pants Poulter was the best golfer in the tournament. 4.0 points himself.
4. Phil Mickelson remains mediocre in Ryder Cup play.
1-2-2 is piss poor for the man that is the 2nd best golfer on the planet.
5. Bald man Furyk plays better this year without Tiger than he did in 06.
2-1-1 is a solid result for the bald man.
Dead Wrong Predictions
8. Chad Campbell will be a miserable captains choice for the Americans.
2-1 is certainly not miserable, its winning golf.
6. JB Holmes will hit the ball hard and far, the home state Kentucky fans will love him, and he will fail them.
2-0-1 is not a failure, its beastly.
3. Sergio continues to carry the Europeans and loses only 1 match.
Sergio was awful, plain and simple.
9. The Europeans will definitely have better outfits.
The Europeans brought no colored pants, and only their outfits on saturday were relatively solid. The Americans at least busted out Tiger red on sunday.
10. The Cup comes down to Sunday afternoon and the last couple of pairings.
It came down to Sunday It was just over a bit earlier than the last pairings.
1. America wins by 1 point (14 1/2 - 13 1/2) cause Europeans obviously have to hate Kentucky.
They won just by a little bit more than expected.
Do Not Mess With Team Booze (2-0-1)
All Your Woman Are Belong to Azinger