Thursday, September 18, 2008
You're in a deep league you've drafted Tom Brady and Vince Young as a backup and somehow missed out on the waiver wire pickups of the Castle and the Drunk. Now you're left with only to options: Vikings new starting QB Gus Frerotte and Chiefs new starting QB Tyler Thigpen. So who do you go with?
The Case for Gus Frerotte
1. The Man Gives a Mean Headbutt.
2. You've actually heard of him before.
3. He does not play for a team that just lost by double digits to the Raiders.
4. He could potentially throw a dump off pass to Adrian Peterson and enjoy the benefits.
5. For some reason even though they have Peterson, Childress likes to throw the ball.
6. Has actually started a game before.
7. Did Not start at a college that lost to a tooth paste company's football team.
8. Stupid people picked the Vikings to win the Superbowl.
The Case for Tyler Thigpen
1. There's limited chance he leaves the game due to a self inflicted head butt injury.
2. He's not named Gus Frerotte.
3. The Chiefs Will be down by double digits so they'll let him throw the ball.
4. So what if Coastal Carolina sucks, Chanticleers is a solid nickname.
5. Myrtle Beach has a lot of golf courses and strip clubs so he probably enjoyed college more than Frerotte did at Tulsa.
6. Larry Johnson might rip off Herman Edward's head and open up the playbook.
7. The Chiefs are playing Atlanta, so it's a battle of 2 teams that suck.
8. Head coach makes sure he 'Plays to Win the Game'
My Choice Is: Thigpen
Why? Cause he's not named Gus Frerotte.