Skip to main content

The Big 5 College Football Games of the Weekend


Well this week certainly makes up for the boredom that was last week.

5. Cripple Fight 08: Michigan Wolverines at Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Hey it's cripple fight time. I've already gone over this, they both suck. This could be the difference between making a bowl game or not making a bowl game. So I guess its saving your program from some embarrasment. The Pick: Tie, they both suck.

4. Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets at Virginia Tech Hokies
The Yellow Jackets picked up a huge 3 point win over BC last week. If they could somehow beat whiny Glennon and the Hokies then they put themselves in the ACC driver seat. However, it will be Tyrod to the rescue as he will lead the Hokies to their first solid win of the season. The Pick: VT by 3

3. Wisconsin Badgers at Fresno St. Bulldogs
Oh my god oh my god oh my god, Wisconsin scheduled an out of conference game against a team that has the potential to win more than 5 games in a season. This has got to be the toughest out of conference opponent they have scheduled this decade. So naturally just to annoy me they will win by some stupid late 4th quarter turnover. The Pick: Sconsin 4.

2. Georgia Bulldogs at South Carolina Gamecocks
DOCTOR Lou thinks the Gamecocks have the best defense in the South Eastern Conference and that they are going to beat Georgia this weekend. I doubt he changed his mind after they lost to Vandy, because he's senile. Let's just say Doctor Lou is going to be wrong like always. The Pick: Bulldogs by 13.

1. Ohio St. Buckeyes at Southern California Trojans
I think the fact that USC is favored by double digits is a bit ridiculous. Vegas is begging for you to take the Buckeyes. And well, since I picked them to win the National Title (and because I hope I somehow give them a voodoo hate jinx) I will pick them to beat the Trojans. I imagine that Beanie was healthy enough to play last weekend but they opted not to. And I imagine that he will have a big weekend this week. Either way it's nice to see teams actually schedule huge out of conference games. The Pick: tOSU by 3.

South Florida vs. Kansas is obviously amongst the biggest 5 games of the weekend. I just missed it somehow because I'm a moron. Anyway either team that wins picks up a potentially valuable bowl kicker at the end of the year. Despite their OT win last weekend, I'm going with South Florida at home.

Oh, And... Go USC.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Lou Holtz is the Homer / Annoyingly Delusional

As my buddy Joe and I always joke, if Notre Dame was suiting up against an all Jesus team, aka a team made up of 55 Sons of God, Lou Holtz would probably still pick Notre Dame to win by a touchdown. So of course this weekend when I'm watching Sportscenter and they have him and fellow old man Corso making predictions, Lou picks ND to beat Michigan. Not that big of a deal, Michigan is a big question mark this year, but of course than Lou says that Notre Dame will win 11 games this year. This is the same Notre Dame that lost to a service academy last year. And just when you thought the douchy homerism was going to end ESPN asks which BCS school is going to be the biggest surprise team in the country. Any guesses to whom it was? I'll give you a clue it was another team he coached. If you guessed South Carolina you would be a winner. Next up on Lou's prediction watch, the Jets win the Superbowl, NC St. wins the ACC, Arkansas dominates the SEC West, Minnesota wins the Big

M E T S = Mercifully End The Season

Do it before David Wright gets Hurt!

Ranking the New York Jets Historical Helmets

There's no way you can't go with the Helmet they won the Super Bowl in. You just can't. Next, I really don't understand why they don't where the helmet with the Jet as their throwback uniforms. That helmet is awesome. Then I'm going with the Helmets from the 80s because it's the classic feel and the white face mask is 10 times better than the black one. And the rankings continue until you get to... The Titans Helmet. I hate everything about those Titan uniforms. The Helmets are boring and the colors are GOD awful. Navy blue and Mustard? What the hell is that. Disgusting. If they wore those unis when I was a kid I'd probably be a Giant fan, and be much happier with my life in football.