Skip to main content

Stupid Ways to Set Up a Bracket: Round Multiplied By Seed


If you can't fully see that bracket above, I recommend clicking on it, it really is the dumbest bracket ever created and sums up where this post is heading.

Come thursday morning I decided to go fuck and join a pool. My buddy Grutt was in one at work and had asked me if I wanted in earlier in the week so I responded and got in. I filled out my chalktastic bracket that I showed the other day and as of this moment I sit at 19-2. The problem is that I didn't know the scoring method going until around 3 o'clock.

So whats the scoring method and why is it such a big deal. The point system is essentially Seed Multiplied by the Round with which they win in. So picking Arizona (12 seed) in the first round is worth 12 points. Picking UConn to win in the Elite 8 (round 4) is worth 4 points. Picking Akron to win in the 2nd round is worth 30 points. And so on. In the email, that I clearly only glossed at, it said the scoring system "rewards good picks". False. It convinces you to make stupid picks, like the jackasses bracket above.

In looking at the brackets between myself and the leader, I've currently made one less correct pick then him. We only have a total of 5 different picks remaining. See if you can find a trend.

Round 2
18 point swing: Washington (8 for him), Purdue (10 for me)
18 point swing: Xavier (8 for him), Florida St. (10 for me)

Round 1
17 point swing: Arizona (12 for him), Utah (5 for me)

Elite 8
12 point swing: Uconn (4 for him), Memphis (8 for me)

National Championship Game
12 point swing: Louisville (6 for him), Pitt (6 for me)

The weight is all in the front. Basically if I get Purdue and FSU right its worth double him getting Louisville and Uconn right. How does that make any sense whatsoever. Is picking Florida State to beat Xavier a harder pick than picking Pitt to navigate the entire field and win the National Title? Absolutely not.

If you ever set up a bracket, don't use the above scoring method, unless of course you want moronic brackets filled out.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Lou Holtz is the Homer / Annoyingly Delusional

As my buddy Joe and I always joke, if Notre Dame was suiting up against an all Jesus team, aka a team made up of 55 Sons of God, Lou Holtz would probably still pick Notre Dame to win by a touchdown. So of course this weekend when I'm watching Sportscenter and they have him and fellow old man Corso making predictions, Lou picks ND to beat Michigan. Not that big of a deal, Michigan is a big question mark this year, but of course than Lou says that Notre Dame will win 11 games this year. This is the same Notre Dame that lost to a service academy last year. And just when you thought the douchy homerism was going to end ESPN asks which BCS school is going to be the biggest surprise team in the country. Any guesses to whom it was? I'll give you a clue it was another team he coached. If you guessed South Carolina you would be a winner. Next up on Lou's prediction watch, the Jets win the Superbowl, NC St. wins the ACC, Arkansas dominates the SEC West, Minnesota wins the Big

M E T S = Mercifully End The Season

Do it before David Wright gets Hurt!

Ranking the New York Jets Historical Helmets

There's no way you can't go with the Helmet they won the Super Bowl in. You just can't. Next, I really don't understand why they don't where the helmet with the Jet as their throwback uniforms. That helmet is awesome. Then I'm going with the Helmets from the 80s because it's the classic feel and the white face mask is 10 times better than the black one. And the rankings continue until you get to... The Titans Helmet. I hate everything about those Titan uniforms. The Helmets are boring and the colors are GOD awful. Navy blue and Mustard? What the hell is that. Disgusting. If they wore those unis when I was a kid I'd probably be a Giant fan, and be much happier with my life in football.