Skip to main content

World's First CollegeInsider.com Tournament (CIT) Bracket (Probably)


In the quest to fill out as many brackets as possible this week I've stumbled across the CollegeInsider.com Tournament (CIT), now the 4th avalaible postseason tourney. This is the tourney for the powerhouses like Evansville and Drake. Of course I wanted to fill out a bracket but I just couldn't find one. I was little confused until finally I found this disclaimer

In much the same fashion as the old NIT, future opponent will be determined at the conclusion of each round throughout the tournament.

So what you're telling me is not only do I have to pick the winner of the 1st round games, I also have to attempt to read the minds of the CIT committee and try to figure out who is going to play who and where they are going to play each other? Now this is a difficult bracket to fill out.

The first step was to figure out the locations of all the schools, because they obviously want to cut down on travel costs. After that was done I kind of naturally bracketed them with another game so that all 4 teams were relatively in the same region. After that I just went through the tournament like a normal bracket. It's an elementary approach but how else can you try to sift through the chaos that is this non-bracket based tournament.

After breaking it down to the end I have Old Dominion knocking off Pacific, with that being said they'll probably both lose in the first round.



Today is a day to practice brackets, so the CBI, CIT and NIT brackets will be filled out.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Do you know where you actually found a bracket for CIT? I've been searching all over Google with no luck.
Simon said…
There really isn't a bracket. They don't pick who plays in the 2nd round until after the 1st round is over. I'll be posting later this afternoon a blank ballot that you can fill out if you can wait til about 12:30 to get it.

Popular posts from this blog

Lou Holtz is the Homer / Annoyingly Delusional

As my buddy Joe and I always joke, if Notre Dame was suiting up against an all Jesus team, aka a team made up of 55 Sons of God, Lou Holtz would probably still pick Notre Dame to win by a touchdown. So of course this weekend when I'm watching Sportscenter and they have him and fellow old man Corso making predictions, Lou picks ND to beat Michigan. Not that big of a deal, Michigan is a big question mark this year, but of course than Lou says that Notre Dame will win 11 games this year. This is the same Notre Dame that lost to a service academy last year. And just when you thought the douchy homerism was going to end ESPN asks which BCS school is going to be the biggest surprise team in the country. Any guesses to whom it was? I'll give you a clue it was another team he coached. If you guessed South Carolina you would be a winner. Next up on Lou's prediction watch, the Jets win the Superbowl, NC St. wins the ACC, Arkansas dominates the SEC West, Minnesota wins the Big

M E T S = Mercifully End The Season

Do it before David Wright gets Hurt!

Ranking the New York Jets Historical Helmets

There's no way you can't go with the Helmet they won the Super Bowl in. You just can't. Next, I really don't understand why they don't where the helmet with the Jet as their throwback uniforms. That helmet is awesome. Then I'm going with the Helmets from the 80s because it's the classic feel and the white face mask is 10 times better than the black one. And the rankings continue until you get to... The Titans Helmet. I hate everything about those Titan uniforms. The Helmets are boring and the colors are GOD awful. Navy blue and Mustard? What the hell is that. Disgusting. If they wore those unis when I was a kid I'd probably be a Giant fan, and be much happier with my life in football.