Skip to main content

My Jets Wishlist: Jay Cutler

We've all heard the rumormill by now, Jay Cutler and Josh McDaniels are not friends. Jay has put his house on sale, desires out of snowy Denver, and has requested a trade. Many ESPNites come on the air and say that things are irreconcilable and that he is going to get traded and naturally teams without a quarterback of mention, aka the Jets, come up in discussion.

Cutler is a proven quarterback in the NFL and the Jets seemingly have limited faith in the future of Kellen Clemens so obviously I'm interested in potentially getting a pro bowl quality QB (Even If I did Bash the pick on draft day. Whoops). The Jets have two major needs right now, Quarterback and Wideout. Getting Cutler would go a long way in giving this team the potential to regain a spot in the postseason.

The question is of course, at what cost? If it costs Leon Washington as I heard in one rumor than sure. I mean I love Leon but he's not going to pass the ball. If it costs a first round pick than absolutely. Would you rather have Mark Sanchez or Jay Cutler? Rather have Jeremy Maclin or Jay Cutler? The answer is obvious, you want the quarterback. But what if they ask for two first round picks? Or a first round pick and Leon Washington? At what point is the price tag just too much? If the only thing they do for the rest of the offseason is bring in Cutler than they would still have a major gap at wideout and the question would quickly transfer to, it's nice that you brought in a Quarterback but who the hell is he going to throw the ball to? I want him, but I don't want to give up the farm.

With all this being said, I still believe that cooler heads will prevail in Denver and that somehow someway Cutler and McDaniels kiss and make up. The Broncos trading their franchise quarterback makes absolutely no sense, especially when the price tag is currently depreciated.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Lou Holtz is the Homer / Annoyingly Delusional

As my buddy Joe and I always joke, if Notre Dame was suiting up against an all Jesus team, aka a team made up of 55 Sons of God, Lou Holtz would probably still pick Notre Dame to win by a touchdown. So of course this weekend when I'm watching Sportscenter and they have him and fellow old man Corso making predictions, Lou picks ND to beat Michigan. Not that big of a deal, Michigan is a big question mark this year, but of course than Lou says that Notre Dame will win 11 games this year. This is the same Notre Dame that lost to a service academy last year. And just when you thought the douchy homerism was going to end ESPN asks which BCS school is going to be the biggest surprise team in the country. Any guesses to whom it was? I'll give you a clue it was another team he coached. If you guessed South Carolina you would be a winner. Next up on Lou's prediction watch, the Jets win the Superbowl, NC St. wins the ACC, Arkansas dominates the SEC West, Minnesota wins the Big

M E T S = Mercifully End The Season

Do it before David Wright gets Hurt!

Ranking the New York Jets Historical Helmets

There's no way you can't go with the Helmet they won the Super Bowl in. You just can't. Next, I really don't understand why they don't where the helmet with the Jet as their throwback uniforms. That helmet is awesome. Then I'm going with the Helmets from the 80s because it's the classic feel and the white face mask is 10 times better than the black one. And the rankings continue until you get to... The Titans Helmet. I hate everything about those Titan uniforms. The Helmets are boring and the colors are GOD awful. Navy blue and Mustard? What the hell is that. Disgusting. If they wore those unis when I was a kid I'd probably be a Giant fan, and be much happier with my life in football.