Wednesday, October 01, 2008
Remember this is all about Quality Wins and Bad Losses so if you lose to a top ranked team its not going to kill you, if you lose to Arkansas St. in the opener it will haunt you the entire season.
With all of these ridiculous upsets this weekend this week might have been the absolute hardest week of all time to put together.
1. Alabama - They just went into the preseason #1 teams house and beat the living shit out of them. How people could refuse to put them at #1 after they've beaten two conference favorites on the road is beyond me. This is why preseason bias makes polls stupid. Quality Wins: @Clemson, @Georgia
2. LSU - Auburn can't score but LSU's win on the road is still as quality as any in the land. Quality Wins: @Auburn
3. South Florida - South Florida really walked a tight rope in many of their games but still 5-0 with a win over Kansas puts them near the top. Quality Wins: Kansas
4. Vandy - So apparently that Ole Miss team ain't bad. I'm sure Vandy is going to lose soon enough but they have two impressive in conference wins thus far this season. Quality Wins: South Carolina, Ole Miss
5. Penn St. - Ok I'm not going to go overboard and praise Penn St. for beating Oregon St. and no I don't think they are better than USC or would even play within double digits of USC if they were on the same field, but you have to give them some credit for throttling the Beavers. Quality Wins: Illinois, Oregon St.
6. Boise St. - The Broncos win over Oregon has flown well under the radar. Quality Wins: @Oregon
7. Utah - Hey look maybe winning in Ann Arbor is a quality win after all. Of course that is until the Wolverines choke away whatever is their next game. Quality Wins: @Michigan, @Air Force
8. VaTech - The East Carolina loss is slowly approaching a bad loss with the way they've played the last couple of weeks, but regardless VaTech has pulled off three quality wins against solid 3-1 teams in back to back to back weeks. Quality Wins: GaTech, @UNC, @Nebraska
9. Mizzou - The Illinois win loses a little of its shine after they lost in Happy Valley so Mizzou falls a bit. Quality Wins: (n)Illinois
10. Oklahoma - I guess I'll give the Sooners some credit for their win against TCU but who knows how good that team is really. Quality Wins: TCU
11. USC - The Oregon St. loss was a miserable one, but as a 1 loss team nobody has a better win than their throttling of Ohio St. Quality Wins: Ohio State Bad Loss: Oregon St.
Dropped Out: Florida due to A their loss and B the fact that UT is bad, Wake you just can't lose to a service academy, Wisconsin blowing a massive lead is terrible, UGA after getting throttled at home
Noticeable Absences: Oklahoma St., Texas & Texas Tech with their very difficult out of conference schedules. The Big 12 is lame.
(n) = neutral field