Monday, October 20, 2008
Remember this is all about Quality Wins and Bad Losses so if you lose to a top ranked team its not going to kill you, if you lose to Arkansas St. in the opener it will haunt you the entire season.
So Texas is pretty damn good. Ole Miss is about 4 plays away from being the #1 team in the country. And Sam Bradford is a beast.
1. Texas - Chase's FUPA was no match for the Longhorns who look like a pretty safe bet to make it to the Big 12 title game right now. Okie St. is a nice club, but look at the difference between the final scores against Mizzou. And Texas Tech never beats UT. Quality Wins: Oklahoma(n), Mizzou
2. Alabama - Bama once again barely held onto a game which makes you think that eventually their time is going to come. They drop from the top spot due to Texas dominance and Clemson falling from the ranks of a quality win cause well they stink. Quality Wins: @Georgia
3. Oklahoma - Sam Bradford is playing like the best quarterback in the Nation by a longshot. It certainly wasn't his fault the Sooners lost to the Longhorns and after this weekends 470 yard performance he might just be atop the Heisman board. Quality Wins: TCU, Kansas
4. Oklahoma St. - Okie St. win over Mizzou lost a bit of luster after the Longhorns pummeled them, but still I'll give them the mild edge for this week over Penn St. Quality Wins: @Mizzou
5. Penn St. - The Lions fought off a first half scare by the Wolverines to utterly embarrass them in the 2nd half. But Goodbye Wisconsin from the quality wins. Damn what happened to the Badgers this year. Next week the Lions have their biggest challenge on the road to a national title game. Quality Wins: Illinois, Oregon St.
6. USC - USC mowed down Wazzu making the 40+ point spread look like nothing. Additionally the Buckeys destroying clubs in the Big 10 makes them look like a very likely 1 loss team in the Championship game. Quality Wins: Ohio State, Oregon Bad Loss: Oregon St.
7. Florida - A week off and two weeks to the Cocktail Party which will decide the SEC East. Quality Wins: LSU Bad Loss: Ole Miss
8. Boise St. - Boise St. still holds the nice win over Oregon who sits at 5-2 with their only onther loss against the Trojans. The Broncos don't have much competition in their conference this year and just may end up undefeated once again. Quality Wins: @Oregon
9. TCU - The Horned Frogs took those Mormons this weekend and stole all their wives. Plus, you can't kill them for losing to Oklahoma badly on the road, most teams would do that. Quality Wins: BYU
10. Georgia - UGA jumps back into the poll with their win over probably overrated Vandy. Again Cocktail Party in two weeks shall decide their 2008 fate but in the meantime they get to travel to the Bayou this weekend. Quality Wins: South Carolina, Vandy
11. Utah - The Utes now have to think about whether or not TCU is their toughest opponent this year and not BYU. Quality Wins: @Air Force, Oregon St.
Dropped Out: VaTech who's offense is terrible, Texas Tech cause I'm not a believer in their Big 12 North wins
Noticeable Absences: Texas Tech I just don't like them, The Buckeyes cause I'll wait til they beat PSU this weekend, LSU who will join up if they win this weekend
(n) = neutral field