Monday, October 27, 2008
Remember this is all about Quality Wins and Bad Losses so if you lose to a top ranked team its not going to kill you, if you lose to Arkansas St. in the opener it will haunt you the entire season.
And the undefeateds now sit at 4 with PSU, Bama, TT and UT all getting it done. This time next week there shall be 1 less.
1. Texas - No bones about it, Texas is the #1 team in the country right now. One thing you did learn is that Oklahoma St. is for real. They had the ball with a chance to win in the 4th and through dumb play calling couldn't get it done. Quality Wins: Oklahoma(n), Mizzou, Oklahoma St.
2. Alabama - Nick Saban busted out the beat down stick on Fulmer's Belly. Quality Wins: @Georgia
3. Penn St. - The Old man won the big one. Now its avoiding a horrible loss and hoping for a Saban meltdown. Quality Wins: Illinois, Oregon St., @Ohio St.
4. Georgia - So all eyes on the Cocktail party this weekend don't you think? Quality Wins: South Carolina, Vandy, @LSU
5. Oklahoma - Sam Bradford is playing like the best quarterback in the Nation by a longshot. It certainly wasn't his fault the Sooners lost to the Longhorns and after this weekends 470 yard performance he might just be atop the Heisman board. Quality Wins: TCU, Kansas
6. Oklahoma St. - Oklahoma St. looked pretty damn good on Saturday. They could potentially be the 2nd best team in the Big 12. Quality Wins: @Mizzou
7. USC - Not that strong a performance against Arizona but still I think USC could beat any team in the country. Quality Wins: Ohio State, Oregon Bad Loss: Oregon St.
8. Florida - Tim Tebow might be back to scoring tds like 2007. Quality Wins: LSU Bad Loss: Ole Miss
9. Texas Tech - Ok ok I submit you win this week Mike Leach. You ate up the fat man so I'll let you in. But if you get your arse kicked this weekend you will be dropped. Quality Wins: Kansas
10. TCU - One massive win against the mormons keeps TCU in the mix. Quality Wins: BYU
11. Utah - Is Air Force good? They only have 2 losses but I have never seen them play so I have no idea. Quality Wins: @Air Force, Oregon St.
Dropped Out: Boise St. cause I had to include TT
Noticeable Absences: Nobody really
(n) = neutral field