Skip to main content

2008 MLB Playoff Predictions

So we've done this once already, but of course not all the teams you predict to make the playoffs before the season starts actually make the playoffs. Like say 5 of the 8 teams I predicted to make the playoffs. Whoops. And since I picked the Mets to win the World Series and they collapsed we shall revamp everything.

DSes

Brewers vs. Phillies: The Brewers are scrambling to put together a rotation, their bullpen is also in shambles and I picked the Phillies to beat the Brew Crew in a 1 game playoff prior to the season. So Phillies it is in 4.

Cubs vs. Dodgers: This should be an interesting series given Manny and Torre, Furcal coming back, the Cubs trying to break the curse, Zambrano's miserable finish, Sweet Lou's entertaining dugout antics, etc. In the end I think the Cubs just have a bit more depth in the starting pitching and I expect Big Z to pitch well on ample rest. Cubs in 5.

Rays vs. White Sox: The White Sox have already taxed their rotation and the Rays are getting back Crawford to bring their lineup back to full strength. Rays in 4.

Red Sox vs. Angels: Two teams I can't stand going against each other. The Red Sox have a few injury question marks still as do the Angels with Chone. I think the Red Sox take it down in 5 after they are able to touch off on Lackey in the closer.

CSes

Phillies vs. Cubs: The Fightin Phillies got pummeled in last years postseason by the Rockies because they were worn out after their massive comeback over the Mets. This time it wasn't so massive and this time Hamels is fully rested and Myers is pitching well in the rotation. They have 3 solid starters this year and the same feisty lineup. Phils in 6.

Rays vs. Red Sox: The Rays for whatever reason this year have played extraordinarily tough against the Red Sox. They went 10-8 against them and dominated them at the Trop. It's tough to go with the inexperienced Rays but there's just something behind their youthful fire that I like this postseason. And I love David Price throwing lefty fireballs in the pen. Rays in 7.

World Series

Phillies vs. Rays: The magical run for the Rays is going to end in Philadelphia. Ryan Howard is going to hit 3 homers in the series and take home the MVP. Cole Hamels is going to baffle the Rays hitters for 2 strong Ws and Brett Myers is going to get over his rage and lead the Phils to the clincher in game 6.


I fully expect these to be 100% wrong. Thank you.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Wow. Finally someone who agrees with me with the whole Phillies VS Rays World Series!

....And finally someone who thinks the Phils are gonna win!

I'll tell you one thing. I hope that is 100% Right!

Popular posts from this blog

Lou Holtz is the Homer / Annoyingly Delusional

As my buddy Joe and I always joke, if Notre Dame was suiting up against an all Jesus team, aka a team made up of 55 Sons of God, Lou Holtz would probably still pick Notre Dame to win by a touchdown. So of course this weekend when I'm watching Sportscenter and they have him and fellow old man Corso making predictions, Lou picks ND to beat Michigan. Not that big of a deal, Michigan is a big question mark this year, but of course than Lou says that Notre Dame will win 11 games this year. This is the same Notre Dame that lost to a service academy last year. And just when you thought the douchy homerism was going to end ESPN asks which BCS school is going to be the biggest surprise team in the country. Any guesses to whom it was? I'll give you a clue it was another team he coached. If you guessed South Carolina you would be a winner. Next up on Lou's prediction watch, the Jets win the Superbowl, NC St. wins the ACC, Arkansas dominates the SEC West, Minnesota wins the Big

M E T S = Mercifully End The Season

Do it before David Wright gets Hurt!

Ranking the New York Jets Historical Helmets

There's no way you can't go with the Helmet they won the Super Bowl in. You just can't. Next, I really don't understand why they don't where the helmet with the Jet as their throwback uniforms. That helmet is awesome. Then I'm going with the Helmets from the 80s because it's the classic feel and the white face mask is 10 times better than the black one. And the rankings continue until you get to... The Titans Helmet. I hate everything about those Titan uniforms. The Helmets are boring and the colors are GOD awful. Navy blue and Mustard? What the hell is that. Disgusting. If they wore those unis when I was a kid I'd probably be a Giant fan, and be much happier with my life in football.