Skip to main content

World Series Extremely Quick Notes

~I stand by my statements around how it did not feel like these were the two best teams in baseball. I mean Jamie Moyer is the #3 starter? He's 93 years old and throws softer than me.

~The biggest play Wednesday night to me was not the Iwamura play but rather Upton bouncing into an easy DP. That inning had potential and it single handedly sapped all energy out of the Rays.

~I found watching the 2nd half of game 5 weird. I'm used to having my eyes stapled at 1 am while watching the conclusion of games.

~Cole Hamels is a pitching beast, but he sounds like he could use a little more testosterone in the voice.

~Joe Madden's decisions in game 5 were questionable at best. I'm unsure why he was so adamant about having a lefty face Pat Burrell. Bunting a pitcher who faces one batter the next half inning and gives up a double does not look good.

~It would have been nice if Longoria showed up. Pena would have been nice as well.

~David Price will be an all star within 2 seasons and I would trade a boatload to get him on my keeper team. The team that has him in my league also has Tiny Tim, so he's gonna be diesel for a long time.

~There's always a little luck, Zobrist ripped the shit out of the ball, just to the wrong spot.

~A neutral field world series is a stupid idea. So what if it's cold outside. I played softball in mid 30 degree weather last week, pro athletes can play when its cold out too.

~With that being said, pushing the World Series back to November is god damn stupid.

~Am I insane or are the commercial breaks between innings in playoff games significantly longer?

~Do you ever think Joe Buck during a commercial break flips out and says, "If I have to hype up this Drinkability bullshit one more time I'm gonna take my microphone and beat Tim to death with it. He can fucking read right? Make him do one damn promo."

~Philly seemed to enjoy rioting a lot.

~I would just like to say that I got almost everything right in my revised predictions. The only series I was incorrect on was the Dodgers vs. Cubs and that's via a poor choice of flip flopping. I originally had the Dodgers in 4 but then switched to the Cubs in 4 cause, I looked at the genius pre-season useless predictions and decided I should hold form to those where I had the Phillies beating the Cubs. Soy Stupido wouldo beeno 100 percento.

~Can we please get a good World Series next year? This feels just like the mid 90s Superbowl drought when ever game was an uninteresting clunker.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Lou Holtz is the Homer / Annoyingly Delusional

As my buddy Joe and I always joke, if Notre Dame was suiting up against an all Jesus team, aka a team made up of 55 Sons of God, Lou Holtz would probably still pick Notre Dame to win by a touchdown. So of course this weekend when I'm watching Sportscenter and they have him and fellow old man Corso making predictions, Lou picks ND to beat Michigan. Not that big of a deal, Michigan is a big question mark this year, but of course than Lou says that Notre Dame will win 11 games this year. This is the same Notre Dame that lost to a service academy last year. And just when you thought the douchy homerism was going to end ESPN asks which BCS school is going to be the biggest surprise team in the country. Any guesses to whom it was? I'll give you a clue it was another team he coached. If you guessed South Carolina you would be a winner. Next up on Lou's prediction watch, the Jets win the Superbowl, NC St. wins the ACC, Arkansas dominates the SEC West, Minnesota wins the Big

M E T S = Mercifully End The Season

Do it before David Wright gets Hurt!

Ranking the New York Jets Historical Helmets

There's no way you can't go with the Helmet they won the Super Bowl in. You just can't. Next, I really don't understand why they don't where the helmet with the Jet as their throwback uniforms. That helmet is awesome. Then I'm going with the Helmets from the 80s because it's the classic feel and the white face mask is 10 times better than the black one. And the rankings continue until you get to... The Titans Helmet. I hate everything about those Titan uniforms. The Helmets are boring and the colors are GOD awful. Navy blue and Mustard? What the hell is that. Disgusting. If they wore those unis when I was a kid I'd probably be a Giant fan, and be much happier with my life in football.