Skip to main content

NFL Week 6 Pick Suggestions


Where picking the Lions with the points continues to happen for no apparent reason.

5. Detroit Lions (+13 1/2) at Minnesota Vikings
Ok the Vikings offense isn't good and their defense isn't superb. The Lions absolutely blow but 2 touchdowns is too much right? [This is a stupid pick don't listen to it]

4. Miami Dolphins (+3 1/2) at Houston Texans
I don't really see how this game is anything less than a 50/50 propostion on the winner. The Dolphins are coming off two victories over the Chargers and Pats while the Texans are winless. Granted the Texans should have won last week, but they didn't. The Dolphins are getting underrated thanks to last year. They will win this game.

3. New Orleans Saints (-7 1/2) vs. Oakland Raiders
The Saints blow more winnable football games than any team in the league right now, but that won't be the case against the Raiders. The Raiders are a mess, they have a new coach, they are traveling to New Orleans and they will get pummeled.

2. New England Patriots (+6 1/2) at San Diego Chargers
Giving 6 1/2 to the Patriots? Hmm I'll take that any day of the week any location any opponent. The Chargers are a 2-3 football team, they aren't as good as they were last year and they just, like the Pats, lost to the Dolphins.

1. New York Giants (-7 1/2) at Cleveland Browns
Cleveland is a mess and the Giants have been very solid this entire season. I'd be much more comfortable if the spread was 6 1/2 but regardless I'll take Eli and the boys to win by 10.

Survivor League Pick: SCREW Seattle
Go with the stupid Saints who will avoid choking away the win unlike monday night.

Non-Spread Picks

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

M E T S = Mercifully End The Season

Do it before David Wright gets Hurt!

Numbers On Steroids: Mickey Mantle

Numbers on Steroids is a look at baseball players during the 90s to see if anything screams out at you. This week it's throwing a curve ball and looking at All Time Great Yankees. Players that we know did not take steroids to see if this gives a defense to any of the players 'convicted' by Numbers on Steroids. Time to look at my dad's favorite athlete of all time, Mickey Mantle. Averages Say: What's with the mysterious dip at 27 and then the uptick? At Bats Per Home Run Says: That's a mighty jump from 22 to 24 Explaining As If It Was the 90s If you take a look at the numbers there are two time frames which in the 1990s would be questioned. First would be the incredible leap he took from his first year in the big leagues to his first MVP season in 1956. His batting average jumped 50 points. His slugging percentage jumped 90 points and he hit 15 more homers than his previous high. This wouldn't merrit a conviction nowadays though because the young age he...

Guest Post: Thoughts on Sabathia Signing

I asked Grutt what his thoughts were on the Sabathia signing and I thought his response pretty much nailed it. So here it is. I don’t know. Every year I get a little more disenchanted with baseball. Yea, it’s great we signed the top pitching free agent. But we were supposed to. No team was even in the ballpark of the Yankees offer yet they still needed to jump from the already ridiculous price of $140 million to $160 million to close the deal. Now I hear we are going to sign more pitchers who will also get large contracts and the position player gaps are still glaring. Each new, large contract just adds to the feeling that the Yanks are supposed to win it all. “I think we have a good chance this year.” That is a lost feeling. If they don’t win I’ll wonder why, like there has to be some other reason besides that it’s a sport you can never predict how things will work out and some years just aren’t yours to be won. If they win I will be pleasantly smug. It gets a little more...