Monday, October 13, 2008
Remember this is all about Quality Wins and Bad Losses so if you lose to a top ranked team its not going to kill you, if you lose to Arkansas St. in the opener it will haunt you the entire season.
And Week 7 is officially upset week in college football.
1. Alabama - Bama stayed idle this weekend so that's means people mostly forgot about them so the polls were able to let Texas high-jump then lest we forget that Bama destroyed the preseason #1 team in America on their home turf as well as effectively ruined Clemson's season and sent them into head coach firing tailspin. Quality Wins: @Clemson, @Georgia
2. Texas - The Longhorns could be #1 but we're giving the edge to Bama simply because they're throttling of UGA was more impressive. Quality Wins: Oklahoma(n)
3. Oklahoma St. - So I certainly didn't see the Cowboys coming into Mizzou and knocking off Chase and his crew. They frustrated Chase to the tune of 3 ints and were able to come out with the upset and one of the biggest wins thus far of the season. They get Baylor this weekend and UT in 2 to back up their first big win. Quality Wins: @Mizzou
4. Penn St. - Ok all of this wins are of questionable quality but all of them come with the caveat of complete blowouts. Any of these teams could drop off the list next week but for now we shall keep the Lions at #4. Quality Wins: Illinois, Oregon St., Wisconsin
5. USC - I don't know why USC is kind of flying under the rader now, but Ole Miss at home is just as bad a loss as Oregon St. on the road and USC has beaten 2 solid teams to Florida's 1 so they get the edge. Quality Wins: Ohio State, Oregon Bad Loss: Oregon St.
6. Florida - With that being said the Gators are certainly back in the title picture.Quality Wins: LSU Bad Loss: Ole Miss
7. VaTech -ECU just got pounded by the Al Groh's so we shall chalk that up as a bad loss now. But that UNC win is looking nicer by the week. Quality Wins: GaTech, @UNC, @Nebraska Bad Loss: East Carolina
8. Oklahoma - Well you can't take anything away from them for losing to Texas and the TCU win holds up so they shall not move down a ton. Quality Wins: TCU
9. Boise St. - The Oregon win is holding strong for them. Too bad their conference is not equipped with many quality opponents. Quality Wins: @Oregon
10. Texas Tech - We shall include Tech reluctantly after their win over Nebraska and giving them 2 decent wins in the Big 12. This is very reluctant and I will enjoy dumping them once they lose to Oklahoma and Texas. Quality Wins: @K State, Nebraska
11. Utah - Holding on by a thread but will eventually get a chance to bolster their rank when they play BYU and TCU. Quality Wins: @Air Force, Oregon St.
Dropped Out: Vandy for getting Croomed. Ohio St. because Wisconsin just ain't that good. LSU more for the lack of wins thanks to Auburn being horrendous than due to the loss, Mizzou after a tough loss and both Illinois and Nebraska biting the dust.
Noticeable Absences: BYU cause they play nobody
(n) = neutral field