Tuesday, October 07, 2008
Remember this is all about Quality Wins and Bad Losses so if you lose to a top ranked team its not going to kill you, if you lose to Arkansas St. in the opener it will haunt you the entire season.
Not a big upset or big win week for anybody this weekend. Wanny's victory is really the only one.
1. Alabama - A win is a win is a win, and Bama held off Kentucky for the W and still stands with two elite victories this season. Ole Miss and Tennessee are up next and both should amount to easy victories. LSU on November 8th is the game to look forward to. Quality Wins: @Clemson, @Georgia
2. Vandy - So Vandy apparently is the dominant force of the SEC? Well that's friggin weird. Wins vs. South Carolina and Auburn are pretty damn nice. Shall be interesting to see how they perform on the road. Quality Wins: Auburn, South Carolina, Ole Miss
3. Mizzou - Throttling Nebraska is porbably a bit overrated but the Juice was loose this weekend and beating him ain't easy. Quality Wins: (n)Illinois, @Nebraska
4. Penn St. - Oregon St. is a highly questionable quality win, but they did kill them and the Beavers did beat USC. One more loss by the Beavers and they're off the list. But Juice Williams is a pimp extraordinaire. Quality Wins: Illinois, Oregon St.
5. LSU -Auburn's glimmer is a bit diminished, but it was still a big win for the Bayou Bengals. This week in the Swamp would be an even bigger victory. Quality Wins: @Auburn
6. Oklahoma - It's probably just me but I'd like to see Oklahoma defeat a nasty team before I throw them in the top spot. And well they get Texas this weekend so that'll be the one. Quality Wins: TCU
7. USC - So who's surprised that the Trojans went out and throttled the Ducks? Nobody. Ok move on then. Quality Wins: Ohio State, Oregon Bad Loss: Oregon St.
9. VaTech -UNC and Butch Davis are for real and while the Black shirts got pounded for another week the Hokies still sit a top 3 quality wins and a flukie loss on a blocked punt. Quality Wins: GaTech, @UNC, @Nebraska
9. Boise St. - They throttled a nobody. Who cares. It'll be smurf turf vs. the Utes in the race to be the non BCS school in the BCSQuality Wins: @Oregon
10. Utah - Ok Michigan sucks, so goodbye quality win. Soon enough Oregon St. will also be eliminated from this category. Quality Wins: @Air Force, Oregon St.
11. Ohio St. - This could have been just about any team but I'm going with the Buckeyes after a win in Badger land and because you can't fault them too much for getting pummeled by USC without Beanie. Quality Wins: @Wisconsin
Dropped Out: South Florida you can't lose to Wanny...
Noticeable Absences: Oklahoma St., Texas & Texas Tech with their very difficult out of conference schedules. The Big 12 is lame. Texas has the Red River shootout to prove if they belong.
(n) = neutral field