Wednesday, October 21, 2009
Before you yell and say where is so and so team, please read my polling philosophy and then yell afterwards.
1. Alabama - The Crimson Tide could use their QB to get squared away a little bit better, but with their dominant defense and rushing attack they will not falter against lesser opponents. They will hold them down with their D and eventually wear them down with their O. Quality Wins: Virginia Tech(n), @Ole Miss, South Carolina
2. Florida - Ws are all that matter in the greater scheme of a game. Sometimes they come in unimpressive and slightly ref helped fashions. The Gators only won by 3 this weekend against a solid Arkansas team, perhaps it was their lone rough game that they still managed to come out of victorious. Quality Wins: Tennessee, @LSU, Arkansas
3. Iowa - The worst thing to happen to the Hawkeys this weekend was Ohio St. losing as they are their lone big opponent remaining. Virginia Tech losing is one more road block out of their way to the BCS title game, but they're really gonna need Texas to lose simply because they have only one big game left that has been severely diminished in stature. Quality Wins: @Penn State, Michigan, @Wisconsin
4. Texas - We finally welcome Texas to the Party. The problem with the Longhorns is that their OOCs are complete shit and Oklahoma is likely to lose multiple more games throughout the season with Landry Jones as starter. In addition, Okie St. no longer has Dez and TT is their best current win but they also lost to Houston. If UF and Bama run the table to the SEC title game, Texas will never reach #2 in this poll. Quality Wins: TT, Oklahoma (n)
5. USC - I decided to have the Trojans jump Boise St. because even with the Washington loss they have three victories that Boise St. would almost certainly have come out with a loss in. Quality Wins: @Ohio State, Cal, @Notre Dame - Bad Losses: Washington
6. Boise State -Quality Wins: Oregon
7. Oregon-Quality Wins: Utah, Cal, @UCLA
8. Cincinnati - I'm starting to think that USF isn't exactly good. Quality Wins: @Rutgers, @Oregon State, @USF
9. Houston - Texas Tech is good, they beat them and Okie St. Quality Wins: @Oklahoma State, Texas Tech, @Miss St. - Bad Losses: UTEP
10-12: The ACC 3 - It's a three way tie with Miami, VT, and GT now after GT's win and there is little to differentiate any of the three so we bunch them together.
Honestly after 12 its just a mess of what to do with these teams. BYU has a miserable loss to FSU and beat a faltering OU. TCU beat 3-3 Clemson and 3-3 UVA. LSU beat UGA and Washington two ok teams. TT beat Nebraska, so did VT. I wanted to kick out Ohio State but to bring in whom? Georgia? Certainly not Kansas or Oklahoma or Utah, teams with no quality wins. Everybody in the Pac 10 seems to be 4-2. It's just a mess.
Last week's ballot