Wednesday, October 28, 2009
Before you yell and say where is so and so team, please read my polling philosophy and then yell afterwards.
1-7 No Movement
Yes it's lame, but honestly none of the top 7 teams did anything too impressive. USC knocked off Oregon St. which was a nice win, but Washington lost yet again so I'm not ready for them to leap frog Texas, maybe if OSU hadn't lost to Purdon't. Also, we're still keeping Boise St. a notch above Oregon and keeping them above TCU because right now they arguably have the best win in the country.
1. Alabama - Quality Wins: Virginia Tech(n), @Ole Miss, South Carolina
2. Florida - Quality Wins: Tennessee, @LSU, Arkansas
3. Iowa - Quality Wins: @Penn State, Michigan, @Wisconsin
4. Texas - Quality Wins: TT, Oklahoma (n)
5. USC - Quality Wins: @Ohio State, Cal, @Notre Dame, Oregon St. - Bad Losses: Washington
6. Boise State -Quality Wins: Oregon
7. Oregon-Quality Wins: Utah, Cal, @UCLA
8. TCU - The Horned Frogs are the biggest movers in the poll for two reasons, obviously the win over BYU and secondly the fact Clemson is starting to morph into an ACC contender. Quality Wins: @UVA, @Clemson, @BYU
9. LSU - I moved LSU up thanks to the Auburn win and the fact that we're still not penalizing them for a close loss to Florida.Quality Wins: Auburn, @Georgia
10. Cincinnati - The meat of their Big East schedule still await them. Quality Wins: @Rutgers, @Oregon State, @USF
11. Houston - Quality Wins: @Oklahoma State, Texas Tech, @Miss St. - Bad Losses: UTEP
And the rest is up for grabs. Miami and BYU are the big droppers for their losses. Texas Tech bails out as does Nebraska, Arkansas and Michigan due to losses. And Cal is out after another Tennessee loss.