Skip to main content

The 4:15 Rule Is Highly Annoying

I hate when at 4:15 on Sunday afternoon you are told by Curt Menefee or James Brown that "Due to NFL Rules we can not show you the remainder of the game." Well thanks for that douches. Every damn weekend there seems to be a game going down to the wire or into overtime that is outside of my market that I can't watch because the NFL wants me to switch the damn channel over to whatever 4:15 game they have on the other station.

This weekend Fox politely turned on the Bengals vs. Eagles game which was on the brink of overtime. This was a game the Eagles needed to win, a loss or tie put them a game back and could do irreversible damage to their playoff hopes. Additionally, I have McNabb on my team and was praying for a breakaway td pass, so I was excited to watch the game. It was on for a few minutes and then... click, back to New York and Curt Menefee and his bullshit "Due to NFL" blah blah blah shit. The Steelers vs. Chargers was a quality game on CBS but excuse me if I'd rather watch an overtime session than the first quarter of another game.

I really don't get how this truly benefits either network. I understand they want you to click over and watch the entire second half of the double header and both network wants you to do this, but really most games are done by 4:20. Many games per year have a game winning field goal or game winning drive after 4:15 that unless you are in the market or fork over the ludicrous fees for the NFL Ticket you miss. And what's really the benefit? So I flip over to the double header 2 minutes earlier but annoyed I can't watch the end of an exciting game? Seriously that's bull shit.

In the long run it would all balance out. One week there would be a 1 pm game on Fox that drags out past 4:15, than the next week there would be one on CBS. No harm no foul for either network plus the fans get what they want. Would it be that hard to do the right thing?

Comments

Morgan Wick said…
It's not for the networks' benefit, but for the teams'. It's so that people in Detroit are forced to follow the sucky Lions rather than watch teams that might actually be good.

Popular posts from this blog

Lou Holtz is the Homer / Annoyingly Delusional

As my buddy Joe and I always joke, if Notre Dame was suiting up against an all Jesus team, aka a team made up of 55 Sons of God, Lou Holtz would probably still pick Notre Dame to win by a touchdown. So of course this weekend when I'm watching Sportscenter and they have him and fellow old man Corso making predictions, Lou picks ND to beat Michigan. Not that big of a deal, Michigan is a big question mark this year, but of course than Lou says that Notre Dame will win 11 games this year. This is the same Notre Dame that lost to a service academy last year. And just when you thought the douchy homerism was going to end ESPN asks which BCS school is going to be the biggest surprise team in the country. Any guesses to whom it was? I'll give you a clue it was another team he coached. If you guessed South Carolina you would be a winner. Next up on Lou's prediction watch, the Jets win the Superbowl, NC St. wins the ACC, Arkansas dominates the SEC West, Minnesota wins the Big

M E T S = Mercifully End The Season

Do it before David Wright gets Hurt!

Ranking the New York Jets Historical Helmets

There's no way you can't go with the Helmet they won the Super Bowl in. You just can't. Next, I really don't understand why they don't where the helmet with the Jet as their throwback uniforms. That helmet is awesome. Then I'm going with the Helmets from the 80s because it's the classic feel and the white face mask is 10 times better than the black one. And the rankings continue until you get to... The Titans Helmet. I hate everything about those Titan uniforms. The Helmets are boring and the colors are GOD awful. Navy blue and Mustard? What the hell is that. Disgusting. If they wore those unis when I was a kid I'd probably be a Giant fan, and be much happier with my life in football.