Skip to main content

Perhaps I'm Sippin too Much Green Kool-Aid

The Green Kool-Aid is seeping into my brain at alarming rates. How do I know this? I actually think the Jets are going to go into Tennessee give them a massive fight and come out the winner. Yes I know I'm drunk on the arm punt kool-aid but listen to my non-sober reasoning for a second.

The Jets defense has done two things very well this year and done one thing miserably. The defense has repeatedly stuffed the run thanks to Jenkins and they have continually put pressure on the quarterback. Meanwhile they have sucked at covering secondary wideouts and tight ends. Well the good thing this weekend for the Jets is that the Titans really don't good secondary or primary receiving options. Sure Gage is a solid deep threat but he's inconsistent. Brandon Jones is eh, mediocre. And Justin McCareins is terrible. The Jets can match Revis on either Gage or Jones shift safety (Elam) coverage over the other and let Rhodes concentrate on the rushing attack. With this coverage if they can have similar success against the run as they have in recent weeks and big Jenks dominates again than the Jets should be able to hold the Titans under 20 points. Plus with Kerry free to wreak havoc, he could potentially get a devastating sack or two on Mr. Collins.

As for the Jets offense, I'm worried as hell that Favre is going to get back to the Arm Punt routine and I'm also worried that he's going to get the snot knocked out of him but I don't think many points will be required to win this game. I think if the Jets could score 20 points they win this game. Will they? Probably not, but maybe 17 will be enough.

Outside of this weekend, I will continue to remain incredibly frightened of the potential of playing the Chargers, Steelers, Colts or Pats in the playoffs... on second thought, I still remain very fearful of actually making the playoffs. But for some reason despite the impending doom feeling I naturally have as a Jet fan, I'm confident this weekend against the #1 team in almost all the Power Rankings. I guess that's the benefit to being drunk.

Comments

Anonymous said…
I picked the Jets to win as well. This does not bode well for the Jets.

Popular posts from this blog

Lou Holtz is the Homer / Annoyingly Delusional

As my buddy Joe and I always joke, if Notre Dame was suiting up against an all Jesus team, aka a team made up of 55 Sons of God, Lou Holtz would probably still pick Notre Dame to win by a touchdown. So of course this weekend when I'm watching Sportscenter and they have him and fellow old man Corso making predictions, Lou picks ND to beat Michigan. Not that big of a deal, Michigan is a big question mark this year, but of course than Lou says that Notre Dame will win 11 games this year. This is the same Notre Dame that lost to a service academy last year. And just when you thought the douchy homerism was going to end ESPN asks which BCS school is going to be the biggest surprise team in the country. Any guesses to whom it was? I'll give you a clue it was another team he coached. If you guessed South Carolina you would be a winner. Next up on Lou's prediction watch, the Jets win the Superbowl, NC St. wins the ACC, Arkansas dominates the SEC West, Minnesota wins the Big

M E T S = Mercifully End The Season

Do it before David Wright gets Hurt!

Ranking the New York Jets Historical Helmets

There's no way you can't go with the Helmet they won the Super Bowl in. You just can't. Next, I really don't understand why they don't where the helmet with the Jet as their throwback uniforms. That helmet is awesome. Then I'm going with the Helmets from the 80s because it's the classic feel and the white face mask is 10 times better than the black one. And the rankings continue until you get to... The Titans Helmet. I hate everything about those Titan uniforms. The Helmets are boring and the colors are GOD awful. Navy blue and Mustard? What the hell is that. Disgusting. If they wore those unis when I was a kid I'd probably be a Giant fan, and be much happier with my life in football.