Skip to main content

Hey, Who Passed the Kool-Aid to the Nation?

Last week I was pretty adamant on how I was sippin the green kool-aid and how I thought the Jets matched up very well against the Titans. I turned out to be right and just when I went to grab the pitcher to sip on some more kool-aid, it was all gone. Why? Because it seems like the entire national media went in to get a sip before I did.

I turn on the radio or ESPN and I hear questions like, "Are the Jets the best team in the AFC right now?". Sometimes the answer to this question comes back as Yes. Yes? Seriously? The Jets played great the last three weeks, they completely throttled the Titans, I could not have been in a larger state of glee on sunday afternoon, and thoughts of SuperBowl creapt into my head for singular second... but the thought the Jets are now the best team in the AFC or even larger the 2nd best team in the NFL never crossed my mind. Did they miss when their defense got torched by the Chargers? Did they miss their inept showing against the Raiders? The Steelers have the same record and have played an infinitely better schedule. The Titans still only have 1 loss. The Colts have returned to close to SuperBowl form. And finally the Patriots are again dominating on offense, and well their the Pats.

Are the Jets on November 26th different than they were when they took the field against Oakland? Yes they certainly are. Favre is playing better, the D-Line and O-Lines are playing consistently, Leon is now dominating, but there are still holes. Massive holes in the secondary that are being ignored by the media. But as I mentioned last week the Jets can be abused by secondary receiving options of which the Titans do not have. The Colts, Steelers, and Patriots however all have the weapons to consistently take advantage of the Jets weakness, a weakness which could lead to lots of points against.

With all this being said, I'm not as optimistic this week as I was last week. Do I think the Jets will win? Yes. But I think people are dismissing the Broncos because they laid an egg last week. Well, please tell me who's covering Eddie Royal this week? Ty Law? Too Slow. Dwight Lowery? Too awful. If they decide to cover him with Revis than that means constant double coverage on Marshall which will leave Scheffler and Graham to patrol the middle in single coverage by a linebacker. That didn't work out so well against Ben Watson. The Broncos have a very good shot at putting a ton of point on the board and pulling off the upset, but because everyone in the media took a sip of Kool-Aid everyone thinks the Jets are going to roll. I do not, and I think my feelings would be completely different if the media didn't steal all my Arm Punt Kool-Aid.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Lou Holtz is the Homer / Annoyingly Delusional

As my buddy Joe and I always joke, if Notre Dame was suiting up against an all Jesus team, aka a team made up of 55 Sons of God, Lou Holtz would probably still pick Notre Dame to win by a touchdown. So of course this weekend when I'm watching Sportscenter and they have him and fellow old man Corso making predictions, Lou picks ND to beat Michigan. Not that big of a deal, Michigan is a big question mark this year, but of course than Lou says that Notre Dame will win 11 games this year. This is the same Notre Dame that lost to a service academy last year. And just when you thought the douchy homerism was going to end ESPN asks which BCS school is going to be the biggest surprise team in the country. Any guesses to whom it was? I'll give you a clue it was another team he coached. If you guessed South Carolina you would be a winner. Next up on Lou's prediction watch, the Jets win the Superbowl, NC St. wins the ACC, Arkansas dominates the SEC West, Minnesota wins the Big

M E T S = Mercifully End The Season

Do it before David Wright gets Hurt!

Ranking the New York Jets Historical Helmets

There's no way you can't go with the Helmet they won the Super Bowl in. You just can't. Next, I really don't understand why they don't where the helmet with the Jet as their throwback uniforms. That helmet is awesome. Then I'm going with the Helmets from the 80s because it's the classic feel and the white face mask is 10 times better than the black one. And the rankings continue until you get to... The Titans Helmet. I hate everything about those Titan uniforms. The Helmets are boring and the colors are GOD awful. Navy blue and Mustard? What the hell is that. Disgusting. If they wore those unis when I was a kid I'd probably be a Giant fan, and be much happier with my life in football.