Skip to main content

I Think We Can All Agree A Penn St. Loss Is For the Greater Good

I've never been a Penn St. hater, it's kind of hard to when your team dominates them on a year to year basis but still I don't wish them harm on a yearly basis. In most cases I'd probably say I want them to win. If they do get into the National Title Game I will pull for them there. I just don't want them to be there. Why? Basically because of Ohio St. the last two seasons.

I just can't easily get over the embarrasment that was the past two title games. I do not want to waste another January evening pretending as if a team in the Big 10 is one of the top two teams in the Nation. And for this reason I want whatever it takes to be done to avoid this situation. Over the next 3 weeks I will hope that either Iowa, Indiana or Michigan St. pulls out the upset card. If that doesn't happen than I will regretfully pull for Texas Tech and Alabama to go undefeated, two teams I care little for. If either team loses I will hope for either Florida, Texas or Oklahoma to look like gods in the final weeks and somehow drug the voters into jumping them over PSU.

I'm sorry Joe Pa for what may end up being your 5th undefeated screw job, but it's for the greater good of college football. We need a good championship game again. We need a championship game devoid of a Big 10 team with a weak out of conference schedule.

So let us all agree that we need whatever it takes to avoid another Big 10 embarrassment.

Note: I'm actually a Michigan Fan. If you are a Penn St. fan, feel free to call me a douche or tell me how much Rich Rodriguez blows or whatever.

Comments

Anonymous said…
I honestly hope that Ohio State never gets the chance to go to another title game... i don't hate them, it's just for the greater good that they don't have to embarass the big ten anymore in the national spotlight
Anonymous said…
I wouldn't call winning every other year "dominating", moron.
Anonymous said…
Why does everyone assume Penn State would get murdered in the championship game? Just because they're conference stinks doesn't take away from the fact that they're actually a good team with a good defense and a very talented offense (minus the Ohio St game, which they still won.) They've dominated nearly any game and I think can go toe to toe with anyone in the country. Don't punish Penn State for playing in a down conference.
Anonymous said…
read the note smart ass

Popular posts from this blog

Lou Holtz is the Homer / Annoyingly Delusional

As my buddy Joe and I always joke, if Notre Dame was suiting up against an all Jesus team, aka a team made up of 55 Sons of God, Lou Holtz would probably still pick Notre Dame to win by a touchdown. So of course this weekend when I'm watching Sportscenter and they have him and fellow old man Corso making predictions, Lou picks ND to beat Michigan. Not that big of a deal, Michigan is a big question mark this year, but of course than Lou says that Notre Dame will win 11 games this year. This is the same Notre Dame that lost to a service academy last year. And just when you thought the douchy homerism was going to end ESPN asks which BCS school is going to be the biggest surprise team in the country. Any guesses to whom it was? I'll give you a clue it was another team he coached. If you guessed South Carolina you would be a winner. Next up on Lou's prediction watch, the Jets win the Superbowl, NC St. wins the ACC, Arkansas dominates the SEC West, Minnesota wins the Big

M E T S = Mercifully End The Season

Do it before David Wright gets Hurt!

Ranking the New York Jets Historical Helmets

There's no way you can't go with the Helmet they won the Super Bowl in. You just can't. Next, I really don't understand why they don't where the helmet with the Jet as their throwback uniforms. That helmet is awesome. Then I'm going with the Helmets from the 80s because it's the classic feel and the white face mask is 10 times better than the black one. And the rankings continue until you get to... The Titans Helmet. I hate everything about those Titan uniforms. The Helmets are boring and the colors are GOD awful. Navy blue and Mustard? What the hell is that. Disgusting. If they wore those unis when I was a kid I'd probably be a Giant fan, and be much happier with my life in football.