Skip to main content

Ugh Michael Kay Says Dumb Things

He just said something along the lines of "I like how people say that he's (CC Sabathia) never been hurt before because that means he's going to get hurt." He went on to rationalize that a Major League Baseball Arm is going to eventually get hurt at some time. Great logic there Michael. I can't decide whether this is better or worse logic than all the times he said that CC was eventually going to get hurt because he is fat, because you know that has infinite amount to do with his shoulder strength and stability.

Let's do some reverse Michael Kay logic...

That Rich Harden is in great shape, there's no way he ever gets injured.

That Mark Prior is always so unlucky and gets injured all the time, he certainly is going to be healthy the rest of his career.

I knew Ben Sheets was bound to have season where he didn't get injured. {September of 2008)

Andy Pettitte has a ridiculous work out regimen, there is no way his elbow will ever get injured.


I think sometimes Michael Kay should be smacked in the head just to see if it will shake up his brain enough to give semi-intelligent thoughts.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

M E T S = Mercifully End The Season

Do it before David Wright gets Hurt!

Numbers On Steroids: Mickey Mantle

Numbers on Steroids is a look at baseball players during the 90s to see if anything screams out at you. This week it's throwing a curve ball and looking at All Time Great Yankees. Players that we know did not take steroids to see if this gives a defense to any of the players 'convicted' by Numbers on Steroids. Time to look at my dad's favorite athlete of all time, Mickey Mantle. Averages Say: What's with the mysterious dip at 27 and then the uptick? At Bats Per Home Run Says: That's a mighty jump from 22 to 24 Explaining As If It Was the 90s If you take a look at the numbers there are two time frames which in the 1990s would be questioned. First would be the incredible leap he took from his first year in the big leagues to his first MVP season in 1956. His batting average jumped 50 points. His slugging percentage jumped 90 points and he hit 15 more homers than his previous high. This wouldn't merrit a conviction nowadays though because the young age he...

Guest Post: Thoughts on Sabathia Signing

I asked Grutt what his thoughts were on the Sabathia signing and I thought his response pretty much nailed it. So here it is. I don’t know. Every year I get a little more disenchanted with baseball. Yea, it’s great we signed the top pitching free agent. But we were supposed to. No team was even in the ballpark of the Yankees offer yet they still needed to jump from the already ridiculous price of $140 million to $160 million to close the deal. Now I hear we are going to sign more pitchers who will also get large contracts and the position player gaps are still glaring. Each new, large contract just adds to the feeling that the Yanks are supposed to win it all. “I think we have a good chance this year.” That is a lost feeling. If they don’t win I’ll wonder why, like there has to be some other reason besides that it’s a sport you can never predict how things will work out and some years just aren’t yours to be won. If they win I will be pleasantly smug. It gets a little more...