Skip to main content

C-Webb To The C's Would Be Nice


During the course of half my life I've cheered for two NBA teams. The Celtics and whomever Chris Webber was suiting up for. As a 9 year old I fell in love with the Fab Five and quickly adopted both the Michigan Wolverines as the college of choice as well as C-Webb as my favorite player.

Ever since than I've followed C-Webb wherever he has gone. I was confused and sad after the phantom timeout. I didn't quite understand the Magic's desire to not unite C-Webb with Shaq. I enjoyed his short playoff trip with the Warriors. I enjoyed the trade to the Bullets and the reuniting with Juwan Howard. My most cherished uniform that I own is my C-Webb #4 Bullets jersey. I didn't understand why the Bullets dealt Webber months after purchase while in his prime for Mitch Richmond and crap. Throughout his Kings career I was thrilled to cheer for the most exciting team in basketball and immensely disappointed every time they fell to the Lakers in the playoffs. And then it started to disintegrate. The Kings sent him to the 76ers which didn't work at all and then he signed on with the Pistons a team I truly can't stand and found it hard to cheer for ever.

Now midway through the season C-Webb has announced he plans on Webber has announced he plans to be back and suited up within 2 weeks. I have no idea with which team and there have only been a few teams rumored, but here's to hoping that Webber winds up with the Celtics. Honestly I have no idea if it would help the team in the slightest. His defense is suspect, his athleticism is all but dry due to the knee injuries, and the Celtics aren't in desperate need for a Veteran leader. Sure he'd be an upgrade over this schmuck, but really who wouldn't. I just for one time would like my favorite to play for the team I want to win it all and more or less I want Chris to get that massive monkey off his back. Call it greedy, but I really hope that sometime in the next few days I open up ESPN.com to see Webber standing next to Pierce, Allen and KG holding up a green #4 jersey.

Comments

Kevin Hayward said…
C-Webb was also "confused and sad" after his phantom timeout.

Popular posts from this blog

Lou Holtz is the Homer / Annoyingly Delusional

As my buddy Joe and I always joke, if Notre Dame was suiting up against an all Jesus team, aka a team made up of 55 Sons of God, Lou Holtz would probably still pick Notre Dame to win by a touchdown. So of course this weekend when I'm watching Sportscenter and they have him and fellow old man Corso making predictions, Lou picks ND to beat Michigan. Not that big of a deal, Michigan is a big question mark this year, but of course than Lou says that Notre Dame will win 11 games this year. This is the same Notre Dame that lost to a service academy last year. And just when you thought the douchy homerism was going to end ESPN asks which BCS school is going to be the biggest surprise team in the country. Any guesses to whom it was? I'll give you a clue it was another team he coached. If you guessed South Carolina you would be a winner. Next up on Lou's prediction watch, the Jets win the Superbowl, NC St. wins the ACC, Arkansas dominates the SEC West, Minnesota wins the Big

M E T S = Mercifully End The Season

Do it before David Wright gets Hurt!

Ranking the New York Jets Historical Helmets

There's no way you can't go with the Helmet they won the Super Bowl in. You just can't. Next, I really don't understand why they don't where the helmet with the Jet as their throwback uniforms. That helmet is awesome. Then I'm going with the Helmets from the 80s because it's the classic feel and the white face mask is 10 times better than the black one. And the rankings continue until you get to... The Titans Helmet. I hate everything about those Titan uniforms. The Helmets are boring and the colors are GOD awful. Navy blue and Mustard? What the hell is that. Disgusting. If they wore those unis when I was a kid I'd probably be a Giant fan, and be much happier with my life in football.