Thursday, March 05, 2009
Even the Cowboys, cultivator of many clubhouse cancers, do not desire Terrell Owens. If the Cowboys don't want him, who the hell will? Let's take our best guess at the top 5 potential suitors.
5. Cincinnati Bengals - The Bungles just signed Laveraneus Coles to a ridiculously overpriced contract, but they should have room for another non-character guy right?
4. Jacksonville Jaguars - Jack del Rio is definitely a hard ass but he really needs a wide receiver. The Jags have drafted a wideout in seemingly every draft and none of them are very good. The running game took a step back in 2008 as well. If TO went to Jacksonville he would be a clear #1 option and could possibly play happy football for a team that would desperately need him.
3. San Diego Chargers - Already a high powered offense, the Chargers could possibly be a suitor for TO. With LT on the downslope, their window is slowly fading and with Chris Chambers doing absolutely nothing last year, they could use a solid wideout to compliment Vincent Jackson and Antonio Gates. Not sure if they want the headache though.
2. Washington Redskins - The Redskins just jettisoned Jason Taylor's dollars, which means they just might have room for T.O. Who likes a flashier free agent signing more than Daniel Snyder?
1. Oakland Raiders - Al Davis doesn't care you went out and mugged a 5 year old girl in a wheel chair, as long as you can play football. What better place for the ultimate clubhouse cancer, the ultimate NFL villain, to finish his career than in a Raiders uniform. And just imagine how pissed off he'll get on a daily basis with JaMarcus Russell throwing missiles to no one in particular. It's a match made in heaven.